I have a question?

Cremation, I told the wife no service. In this town we are very close to the train tracks with an overhead bridge. That is where I told the mortician to be when he distributes the ashes on a North bound train.

Still it is $2600 just for them to do this.

I remember when I was a kid every Memorial day we would visit all the family member graves. No one does that anymore I guess. No one has the time.

Burning and dusting just seems to be the right way to go. If you don't remember me a headstone and grave won't change that. Not being morbid.

I Agree.......If you need a head stone to remember someone ' Then you weren't remembering them too much while they were alive...:Shrug:...

I’ve got jars all over this place . I’m trying to get away from the living . Although the dermaters gro really fat and tasty. Should have about 10 years of fertilizer.

The End

Well this has been up for four years since the last post so I think it is safe to say it's time to close it.

One last thought.

The funeral isn't for the dead person so much as to have closure for the living.

So here is what I have decided I bought the plot in a far away cemetery out in the country, even got the head stone and had it lettered.

Going the cremation route and just keep me in one place instead of scattering me to the winds.

My only other choice would be to have some mountain climber haul up the side of a mountain in the Rockies and stuff me in a deep crag in the rocks where I'll be for a good part of eternity, before the mountain falls down.

I'm hanging around for as long as possible before any of this crap happens.

So to bad, to Sad for those of you who want me to go earlier.

Best of luck to all of you

Steve

aka Bubber

[]

She is just planning ahead. She could have waited a little while though.

She was just being proactive, you gotta watch out for that in the future.

She may want to jump the gun on something else you said.

She is just planning ahead. She could have waited a little while though.

She was just being proactive, you gotta watch out for that in the future.

She may want to jump the gun on something else you said.

A Word to the Wise……………;Always’ I say Always make sure you are worth more alive than dead….

I told my Wife that if I go first, to cremate me and take half the ashes to our burial plot, but the other half could be spread in the long crossover at the 192mm, and then every time a unit goes after one, a little of me might go along.

I have revised that, I'll just go where she wants me to.

[/COLOR]

I Agree.......If you need a head stone to remember someone ' Then you weren't remembering them too much while they were alive...:Shrug:...

I Agree and I disagree, my friends and relatives that I know I will remember without a headstone, but I have done some cemetery cleanups and stuff on some old headstones my great great granddad which of course I never knew is buried in a cemetery so far back in the woods hardly anyone knows it is there and he has a home made stone if not for that we would not have a clue as to his where about. This is a interesting topic and I like reading the different options

I have done the paperwork and I'm donating my body to the University of Toledo medical school. I only have to pay for the ride up there. They have a year to do what they will with my body then cremate it. They will return the ashes or inter them whatever my family wants to do at that time.

I have done the paperwork and I'm donating my body to the University of Toledo medical school. I only have to pay for the ride up there. They have a year to do what they will with my body then cremate it. They will return the ashes or inter them whatever my family wants to do at that time.

Speaking of Toledo...........I got weighed there once....:D..

.(Only older persons will understand?).....

WE all have to go sometime...... just not today!

Good luck with all your wishes whether I agree with them is no real concern.

I just feel you gotta be some where and I have made arrangements for that.

May you all find a happy ending and we will see you on the road in the after life unless you go to a real hot place then maybe not!

PS: I got the Toledo Scale pun, just so you know that I am on the ball today. tomorrow not so much.

Both my wife and I have had this discussion - we both want to be cremated, no funeral. Kids are aware of our wishes and they are in or trust.

We are currently in Michigan - kids are in North Carolina and California - we did not want to them to try to come back and visit our graves. Plus, the added expense of all of this is just way too much.

Lost a sister 3 years ago - funeral and services were over $18K.

Lost my best friend just last week. He and I had a deal - each of us left a note with our wishes. His said, if he passed first, his daughter would call me right away. When that call came, I knew then something had happened.

He too wanted no funeral, to be cremated and sometime later there would be a lunch for some folks. He left a list of folks he wanted to share this with. The other thing was lunch because dinner would be that much more expensive.

My friend and I met once a quarter to review of records and cover several financial trends. He will be truly missed -and I need to find someone else to have as my point person.

Well this has been up for four years since the last post so I think it is safe to say it's time to close it.One last thought.The funeral isn't for the dead person so much as to have closure for the living.So here is what I have decided I bought the plot in a far away cemetery out in the country, even got the head stone and had it lettered.Going the cremation route and just keep me in one place instead of scattering me to the winds.My only other choice would be to have some mountain climber haul up the side of a mountain in the Rockies and stuff me in a deep crag in the rocks where I'll be for a good part of eternity, before the mountain falls down.I'm hanging around for as long as possible before any of this crap happens.So to bad, to Sad for those of you who want me to go earlier.Best of luck to all of youSteveaka Bubber

Funeral vs Cremation

Heaven vs Hell

As vast as our universe is supposed to be, I cannot believe this is the end. I believe when our tour here is over, we will be transported to another galaxy for a do over untill we get it right! j/s.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png