Now we start over

Lot going on around here couple doctors appointment I need to take Payton to for my son. Looks like Friday before I have time to get it home. They are installing the WHIM wireless today I think

Starting over there is always more that it seems to do.

Get new bike home Done

The WHIM wireless interface on my old bike survived . Get it installed and the system flashed to work with new one Done.

My old wireless head sets were SENA S20 non HD branded they really never worked right with the interface but were ok at best for rider Passenger com. With Dealership being shut down big sale on everything in stock. they had a set of HD branded SENA S20 EVO for 1/2 the normal cost. So I just said here we go again and got them. This time throwing good money after bad worked out well.

Needed to cover a few of Payton's Doctor visit last week and this week so little chance to ride new one. Did find time to put about 140 mile son it. In some 28 -35 degree weather.

Vehicle Hold Control

[h=2]Vehicle Hold Control[/h] Is part of the RDRS system. In short VHC holds brake while stopped in gear if you want it to. this stops bike from rolling. Today for the first time i tested it a goo many times , it works.

For the hose that have not heard of it.

[h=2]Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)[/h]VHC applies and holds brake pressure when activated and prevents the motorcycle from rolling after the rider has released the brake controls. The primary function of VHC is to prevent the motorcycle from rolling when it is stopped – for example at a stop sign on a hill, in stop-and-go traffic on a slope, or on a steep decline out of a parking structure. VHC is designed to make it easier to ride away with confidence by minimizing the number of controls needed to pull away smoothly. The system applies brake pressure until the rider actuates the throttle and clutch to pull away. VHC may also be engaged when the motorcycle is stopped on a flat surface if the rider wants to maintain position without applying pressure to a brake control.

The rider activates VHC by momentarily applying extra pressure to either the front-brake hand lever or the rear-brake foot control after the motorcycle has come to a complete stop. If rider brakes very hard to a stop, and holds the brake pressure after stopping, VHC may also set without any added squeeze. A VHC indicator light will illuminate to confirm that the rider has activated VHC, and the ABS system will hold brake pressure after the rider releases the brake control. VHC is disengaged automatically as the rider begins to pull away from a stop, or if the rider applies and releases either brake control.

VHC is not to be used as a parking brake, and will disengage if the rider lowers the side stand (on models with a side-stand sensor, not a feature in all markets) or shifts into neutral on models without a side-stand sensor, or if the engine is turned off. In most situations after five minutes the indicator light will flash and the VHC will release if there is no rider action.

The VHC feature is standard on 2020 CVO and Police models and optional on all 2020 Touring models in the U.S. (except Electra Glide Standard models). VHC is not intended as a substitute for a parking brake in any situation.

Snowed last nigh ,knew it was coming put the bikes inside. Decided to do a clean up on the RG limited. The paint on that bike changes color depending on how much light and source.

50707366337_815f3f034e_w.jpg

50708041726_9e4faedbec_w.jpg

50707306433_6591627220_w.jpg

Things are coming together to get sidecar on bike. Hannigan said come on down . Drop sidecar off Jan18-23rd they will have it cleaned up and painted by February.

Haul bike down then and it will be done. Their work is often planned well in advance. So this is a bit faster than expected .

How do you steer a bike with a sidecar? Does it still lean or do you actually steer it by turning the handlebars like a trike? I read a story where a mechanic took one for a test ride after working on it and drove right into an oncoming vehicle so I'm assuming it steers different than a regular bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png