TriPod

View attachment 95307-View attachment 95308 Swing arm mockup, The Wife say's this will also hold the basket? If I put a alum. diamond plate cover between the 2 arms it might work...:D

i would shy away from rod ends for wheel bearings.. they might last forever in this application... but this is not what they are mad for! checked the speck and i did not see any speck for rpm.. usually if something is meant to spin there is a speck... as i said with a light load an low rpm they might last for ever but personally i wouldnt want to zooming down the road an have one fail

2021-02-06 shock mock up.jpgNow you know WHY I call this mock up...EDIT: Need's to be changed to a swing arm style? Bellcrank?1a-RT Rear coil over Assy..JPGMaybe put the control arms/swing arm inboard and the shocks running outside along the frame?

2021-02-13TriPod Mock up shocks.jpgShocks will go something like this, change the control arms to a swing arm design and place the shocks beside the seat post area and fit the batteries in there also?

2021-02-22-244Mock up fork and angle.jpgMore mock up. [FONT=&quot]Ordered the Monarch forks today, already ordered the Worksman wheel with drum brakes, tire, tube and rim liner. Dropped off swing arm for welding and fitment, All should be installed by late next week...[/FONT]:gah:

2021-02-24-250 Frame tack weld.jpgFrame is tack welded, nice to have the clamps out of the way and the Heim Joints bolted to it. Still waiting for the Monarch Springer Forks and front Worksman wheel, BUT on the good side, NEW Bell Comfort Bike Tire 26" Carbon Steel Bead Bicycle Wheel 1.75" - 2.25"tire, Bicycle Inner Tube GoodYear 26" x 1.9" to 2.3" Heavy Duty 30% thicker, free shipping, and liner has come in...:clapping:

I’m not questioning your design,just curious about the layout of your shocks. In every application I’ve noticed it seems shocks were usually in the vertical position. On a few applications such as the IRS on the CSC Trike they incorporated a mono shock in a horizontal position above the rear differential with the left and right side upper A-Arms attachments to opposing ends of the shock. In my limited knowledge I don’t see the rear suspension benefiting from the design pictured. Again l’m NOT questioning your design, just curious. :wave4:

PS,,,,, I enjoy watching all your threads on your builds. :wave4:

I’m not questioning your design,just curious about the layout of your shocks. In every application I’ve noticed it seems shocks were usually in the vertical position. On a few applications such as the IRS on the CSC Trike they incorporated a mono shock in a horizontal position above the rear differential with the left and right side upper A-Arms attachments to opposing ends of the shock. In my limited knowledge I don’t see the rear suspension benefiting from the design pictured. Again l’m NOT questioning your design, just curious. :wave4:

PS,,,,, I enjoy watching all your threads on your builds. :wave4:

one thing is the height

another consideration is the fine tuning of a heavier shock/spring into a lighter one by laying it over at the angle that gives the right support and travel to the suspension.

2021-02-27-256 Shock mounts.JPGCan you see where I am going with these shock mounts? right one will be adjustable for ride attitude... Going to look pretty cool HUH!!!:clapping:

But I live in a state of confusion :xzqxz::wave4:
Hi David, thanks for stopping by, The reason I am leaning the shock is for looks, It will help give it the wow effect as will the bicycle springer up front, the batteries will go under the shocks and the seat above. I thank all you guys for your support on this build and the others... TrikeMan did you see my 1st trike in "Introductions"? Red fiberglass body sim to yours all hand made, yes it took a while, :clapping:EDIT: And don't be so hard on Tn. :D

2021-02-28-261 SwingArm.JPGNow I can call it a swing arm, need to figure disc brake and sprocket soon,2021-02-28-261 Mock up Springer.jpg-2021-02-28-259.jpg Got in some serious mock up time in today, tomorrow machining and weld for shock mounts, AND near ready for Alum. weld for the head stock frame, then weld to frame and set up the frame gussets.:clapping:

2021-03-01-263 Springer&Wheel.jpgOhhh Ya! Now this is the look I am after (BigWheel), Can't find a goose neck I really like? Then I'll set it up with drag bars or may be pull backs, Dropped off the brackets for the shocks at the welder then the alum mount and frame welding, HappyHour with a smile...:clapping:

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png