Hot and Cold controls on the dash???

Hi, I might have worded it wrong the first time. I need to replace both the Hot and Cold temp controls on the dash of my 2008 Stallion. Both of them are bad and don't work properly any longer. Do I have to take the entire assembly apart from the back side to get them out? I already tried to pull the knobs off with a vise grip and they didn't come off. I'm thinking that they are possibly held on with set screws that aren't visible.

Can someone please give me an answer on how to get those controls out??

Thank you,

Hi, I might have worded it wrong the first time. I need to replace both the Hot and Cold temp controls on the dash of my 2008 Stallion. Both of them are bad and don't work properly any longer. Do I have to take the entire assembly apart from the back side to get them out? I already tried to pull the knobs off with a vise grip and they didn't come off. I'm thinking that they are possibly held on with set screws that aren't visible.

Can someone please give me an answer on how to get those controls out??

Thank you,

There is a very small set screw on each knob, but they are not visible until you remove the cover panel around the knobs. There are two screws on the back of the panel which are removed, then you will see the set screws. I had trouble with my knobs getting loose, so the last time I tightened them, I used locktite and no more problems for several years.

There is a very small set screw on each knob, but they are not visible until you remove the cover panel around the knobs. There are two screws on the back of the panel which are removed, then you will see the set screws. I had trouble with my knobs getting loose, so the last time I tightened them, I used locktite and no more problems for several years.

Thank you, I kind of figured there are set screws but I wasn't sure how to get to them.

Thanks again, as it turns out I did have a loose set screw on the cold switch and the hot controller as really loose and hanging up, once I tightened everything back down and got it back in the right locations, everything is working great again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png