Lift kit with Super Shox?

Jun 15, 2020
PHOENIX, AZ 85022
Has anyone installed the 14 1/2" Super Shox with either DK's or Legend lift kit? They say (others in this forum not the manufactures of Super Shox) you don't need a lift kit but I installed the Shox and only got 1/2" of lift.

Anyone tried this?

Bob, I guess no one has any experience with those shocks. I haven't either, but I will give you my 2 cents worth, anyway. On the M8 trikes it seems you are limited to about 1 inch of lift. If you have a M8 then a lift kit would probably be out of the question. On a Twin Cam the max lift is about 1 1/4". Using the secondary mounting holes (1") would still put you at about an inch and a half. I would think that the swing arm would bind with the right side exhaust. To solve that dilemma, you could ding the exhaust for clearance or shim the slip ons to lower them. Oh yeah, I mentioned secondary holes. I believe the only current manufacturer would be DK Custom (Comfort Lift). At one time they could be had from T-Glide Stuff, but he's no longer in business. Good luck and be safe!

I installed the SuperShox on my 2019 TriGlide, and am very happy with them. I had the DK Comfortlifts on the trike at the time and the rear axle wouldn't drop far enough to align the lower shock holes with the Comfortlift hole in either position. I had to reinstall and use the factory shock brackets. Supershox sells an exhaust pipe adaptor to allow swing arm clearance when using these shocks.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png