Recommendation for a CC holster

Bubber

450+ Posts
Jan 8, 2020
North Branch, Minn, USA
Can anyone that owns one, make a recommendation for a CC holster?

I was looking at the BlackHawk for my Glock 17 because of the auto locking feature in the holster, but now I am wondering about a shoulder holster so it doesn't interfere with/when riding the bike.

Suggestions from those in the know?

Appreciated!

Bubber

They are a bit pricey but I really like my Mitch Rosen Workman IWB.

I had one for my Glock 26 when I had it and now have one for my Ruger LCR and never leave the house without it.

Bob

I carry a Glock 23. 40 S&W. I had a custom IWB holster made of Horse Hide. Milt Sparks is the brand. It took a couple of months to have it made, but it is worth it. I carry all day and never know it's there. And yes, I have a box full of holsters that I have tried over the years.

No matter the gun, I prefer Kydex holsters in OWB carry. I've tried one in IWB and find one or the other clips will slip off the belt when I sit down with a 3 o'clock carry. And that's with a very thick belt where it should not have slipped. But it was a hybrid Kydex/leather rig. No problem with OWB in that mode. I carry daily and found leather would begin retaining moisture on some of our very humid days. Also with Kydex you can change the retention to your liking with a little heat or some actually come with adjustable retention. Started getting all of my Kydex holsters from Highnoon Holsters.

EDIT:Unfortunately we were broken into and all my guns are now gone.

Last edited:
No matter the gun, I prefer Kydex holsters in OWB carry. I've tried one in IWB and find one or the other clips will slip off the belt when I sit down with a 3 o'clock carry. And that's with a very thick belt where it should not have slipped. But it was a hybrid Kydex/leather rig. No problem with OWB in that mode. I carry daily and found leather would begin retaining moisture on some of our very humid days. Also with Kydex you can change the retention to your liking with a little heat or some actually come with adjustable retention. Started getting all of my Kydex holsters from Highnoon Holsters.

EDIT:Unfortunately we were broken into and all my guns are mow gone.

Sorry to hear about the break in, mine were all stolen too. Must be a conspiracy to round up all the holsters or something.(Wink)

GREAT question... when I first got my CCW I had NO idea about the Holster situation. :Shrug: But, as many of us learned.. the holster has a very large part of WHERE & HOW to carry. Their are lots and lots of variables. And like many of you, I have a box full of varies types and brands of Holsters. I have found out that anytime you ask "What is the best CC type holster"....your gonna get many different answers. It's a matter of trial & error, what your personal preference is and cost is a very big factor. I guess that's just part of carrying a hand gun... I carry EVERYDAY regardless.. Good luck

EDIT:Unfortunately we were broken into and all my guns are now gone.

I feel your pain. My guns were all lost in an unfortunate voting accident.....errrrr I meant boating accident.

I know two people who moved to a ''Quote un Quote ''safe part of the Country....

And once the locals found out that the new-comers had better stuff than they had they thought they should share it...:mad:....Mostly the sons of the locals who had no desire to better themselves but just shoot squirrels and drink beer and do drugs and complain about their lot in life while sitting on their back porch all day.....

Just an update: bought the Blackhawk holster fits the gun (that was stolen) perfectly and it locks the gun in so it can't be pulled out by an an undesirable you may encounter.

It came with good instructions to set it up and like all things you have to practice using it and make sure you are using it safely and can draw it when and where needed. It fits nicely against the hip (OWB) and can be drawn easily, still practicing the extraction of the weapon using the release mechanism.

The only negative is that the seat belt interferes with the holster while riding in the truck. But I think all hip holster will.

All in all I really like it and am pretty satisfied with it. Now with all things of this nature I hope I never have to use it.

Thanks for all the input and recommendations you have all offered.

Stay well and stay safe.

Bubber

aka Steve

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png