Champion Maintenance Question

Ramnight

30+ Posts
Reaction score
This is my first trike after riding on two wheels since the late 60's and so far it is wonderful. I have a 2012 Goldwing with the Champion IRS kit with 32K miles in it. And I would like to know a little about the required maintenance on this trike kit. I looked at the maintenance pages for the kit, but the API GL-6 rear end lube they specify is no longer made. I have been using Mobile-1 Synthetic 85-140 LS differential lube in all of my cars, trucks, and previous wings, and would like to know if this will work. I am not sure if these differentials are open or a limited slip design. Also are there any other areas I should pay special attention to as far as wear or maintenance goes?

Thank you

This is my first trike after riding on two wheels since the late 60's and so far it is wonderful. I have a 2012 Goldwing with the Champion IRS kit with 32K miles in it. And I would like to know a little about the required maintenance on this trike kit. I looked at the maintenance pages for the kit, but the API GL-6 rear end lube they specify is no longer made. I have been using Mobile-1 Synthetic 85-140 LS differential lube in all of my cars, trucks, and previous wings, and would like to know if this will work. I am not sure if these differentials are open or a limited slip design. Also are there any other areas I should pay special attention to as far as wear or maintenance goes?

Thank you

Jim........Welcome to the Forum....:wave4:.....

You might try Champion Trikes for a good source of info if you are in doubt about anything.

They have been sold and the new owner is in Tempe Arizona. Hope this link works for you or just google it. It is the correct website address.

championtrikesaz.com

Update: oh..i failed to see that Jack had already supplied you with the website address..

Welcome to the forum

I see these fine people have already hooked you up with a great start for what you need. Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania, I believe you will stop by often and check in with us. :good:Travel safe Fred

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am looking forward this site, and warm weather.

I am taking advantage of the cold Michingan weather and giving the bike a through PM from brake fluid to new Joints in the driveshaft, and everything else in between. :)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png