Rekluse Clutch

Had mine installed when I had less than 1k on the bike. Never looked back. Love it....especially in stop and go like Daytona Bike Week main drag. Of course you only use it from 1st to 2nd. Shift normally from there. Strongly recommended.

My tech (son) installed and it only took about an hour. Make sure you follow the break-in instructions. OH, and NEVER take off in third gear. You will burn the clutch and then will have to have it re-adjusted in the parking lot of a mini mart in Savanah, Ga. at 900 pm. With all the bugs. :censored::eek:mg:

Yes, that happened :blush:. Thank goodness my tech was with me on that ride. :clapping:

Took the plunge and had a Rekluse clutch installed on my trike. Have put a about 400 miles on it. Love it so far. Just keep thinking it's going to stall when I stop without holding in the clutch. 😂 Sure is nice and easier on my hand and fingers. Would recommend it to anyone who is having trouble holding in the clutch at a stop.

Took the plunge and had a Rekluse clutch installed on my trike. Have put a about 400 miles on it. Love it so far. Just keep thinking it's going to stall when I stop without holding in the clutch. 😂 Sure is nice and easier on my hand and fingers. Would recommend it to anyone who is having trouble holding in the clutch at a stop.

doesnt it clunk when u shift?

Had mine installed when I had less than 1k on the bike. Never looked back. Love it....especially in stop and go like Daytona Bike Week main drag. Of course you only use it from 1st to 2nd. Shift normally from there. Strongly recommended.

My tech (son) installed and it only took about an hour. Make sure you follow the break-in instructions. OH, and NEVER take off in third gear. You will burn the clutch and then will have to have it re-adjusted in the parking lot of a mini mart in Savanah, Ga. at 900 pm. With all the bugs. :censored::eek:mg:

Yes, that happened :blush:. Thank goodness my tech was with me on that ride. :clapping:

Great to hear it is highly recommended here. My uncle is looking to get one as well. Good thing the parts from 4Wheelonline for the truck arrived early, we'll start modding his trike next.

Another thought, a buddy of mine has a hand issue, he uses the Recluse and loves it on a sport glide. He also uses a hydraulic foot clutch with a tank shift. So with a trike a foot clutch would be another option with having to worry about a balance issue. I’ve met with a guy who rides a trike missing a right leg, he uses a electronic shifter built in England. Used for about 10 yrs so far no issues. The reason I mention that is keeps both hands on the bars with the foot clutch, and it keeps his hand free for using the dual hand brake. Just food for thought.

Getting one installed

On 6/11/21 I am getting one installed on my 2020 TG. Looking forward to it. I have heard nothing but good things about the clutches manufactured in the last 3 years. I heard in the past there were issues, but not so much anymore. I haven't come across any unhappy campers. The local HD dealer is going to install it for $210.

I installed mine in about two hours. It is pretty straight forward with the directions. Biggest thing is to make sure it is adjusted right. I think you will really like it.

Ride Safe

Thanks for the video! I've been using your techniques since I watched the video. They work great! Thanks again for the well do e video.

Yes I thought that video might help some people. A lot of people wonder exactly what they would use it for. I really like mine. Specially at slow speed

How often do you have to adjust the installed gap? The install docs stress the importance of checking free play gain before every ride. Are you doing this by hand?

On my TG I have right about 5000 miles on the rekluse clutch. Not once have I, or even thought about checking the “install gap” or “free play”. I am a pretty easy rider. I suppose if a person rode their bike hard every day all day, then they might want to check it every so often. I suppose someday, if I felt an irregularity in the clutch (such as slippage or sloppiness) Then I would probably go in there and check it. I guess what I was saying is my conscience is not convicting me to go in there and check it at all.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png