Stay Warm Texas

Sorry to see your damage Zook. Never have had the ceiling fall in but have had frozen and broken pipes over the years in the Houston area. I live out in the country now (past 13 years) about 70 miles NW of Houston. Use propane for heat and a water well for water. Monday the power was off and on all morning but then came on and stayed on ever since (knock on wood). If I loose power then no heat because even though I have propane there is no electricity to run the furnace.

Also if I loose power then the well pump won't run and no water so I have to turn the breaker off to the well pump in case the pipes freeze. So far so good. Has been down to 10 degrees here and 4" of snow. Two more nights to get through and then warm up starts Saturday. My two daughters and their families have not fared as well. One lives in Pfluggerville (north east side of Austin) and has had no water for past three days. Their power has been off and on (mostly off) for the past three days but they have a natural gas fireplace and can at least keep it fairly warm in part of the house.

My other daughter that lives in Katy has a broken pipe and the water shut off to the house. Their power was off and on for a couple of days so they had no heat. Power finally came back on and has stayed on since yesterday morning. They are on a waiting list for a plumber who will be there sometime Saturday. At least they now have heat so they are doing OK now.

It's been a fun week. Lived out here 13 years and never seen it down into the teens on temps except one other time and that was only for one night. Can not get off my property because of icy driveway and roads. Two more nights of sub-freezing temps to go and then the warm-up.

Stay safe and warm everyone.

Sunman

Has been a real challenge with so much electrical outage. Been conserving phone use as don’t know how long electric will be on in order to charge them. No electric..no internet.. no heat..no fresh cooking (all electric house here). Same about charging this Ipad.

Monday was worst night for temp...5*..and no electric or heat source.

Thankful that I listened to the warnings and prepared before it hit as to water and food...already had all the LLBean clothes from having lived in west Texas and going through this same mess during winters out there...

Doggies have been real champs...I even was brought an elderly friend’s dog to care for as she was taken to the home of a friend who is allergic to dogs...yeppers..Carla has definitely gone to the dogs...5 now during this mess. I was shocked that they drove Harley over here..it was SO icey...she lives about 7 miles away via a twisty, up/down road.

There is light at the end of the tunnel...tomorrow it will be in the 40’s and up each day from there.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...MUCH appreciated. Now back on charge while we have electric.

9k=
Windmills.jpg

Glad to hear all my Hill Country friends are making it. Even u Pat. :clapping: Heat wave here in SW Ohio. 27* & about a foot of snow. Our electric was off yesterday for 11 hrs. Pole was down. We were fine. A few yrs ago, I bought a generator that will run the whole house. Us northerners do, do a few things right.. 2 stage snowblower eats right through 12" of snow also. Better days ahead friends, hang in there.

Damn Randy, sorry to hear and see this, I'm sure a lot of our folks are having a rough time also, haven't heard from Lola for 3 days, wonder how San Antonia is fairing.
Power went out around 2AM Monday. It came on a couple of times Tuesday for a few minutes then nothing until yesterday around 5:45 PM. It has been snowing all day so I am hoping it doesn't go out again.

Regardless of who did or didn't I am saddened my the misery that all of the people in the region are going through. In PA we expect those sorts of events and if wise are prepared. This is once in a hundred years event no one is going to be prepared for something like it. Really horrible event for sure my thoughts and prayers for all freezing is not enjoyable. Please becareful. Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png