Stay Warm Texas

Well my sad Sack hard luck story is I booked hotel reservations for six days in advance in a local (Best Western) hotel as my furnace went on the fritz earlier in the week and no repairmen could be found to come and fix it for the next week or so, so I didn’t want to fight the harsh coldness that was coming. Spent two days at the hotel as the power went out the first night and in didn’t come on again for 8 hours. Then it was off again and on again a few more times again for varying lengths of time.

My sister drove 65 miles across town weaving her way over due to iced over closed/road conditions to fetch my butt to her home. First night there the power went down in her neighborhood. Also on Tuesday evening we discovered the deceased body that of her 23 yo grandson in his bedroom who lived with her had decided to take his own life after a night of binge drinking and etc in his bedroom about 3 hours after arriving back home. Suffering from depression over the loss of a girlfriend we learned afterwards. No drugs, just a quart of Bacardi Rum.

Used a (my sisters) 38 Snub Nose Special. Made for a nasty and bloody mess. Was a head wound. We were up half the evening with the police traipsing in and out doing their investigation and then a hoard of family and friends in and out for the evening as well offering condolences. Then more power outages till around Thursday noontime. Then on Friday afternoon my bro-n-law feeling so depressed over his favorite grandsons losing his life decided to pick a unnecessary and meaningless verbal fight with me and I left and went home and spent one more freezing night in the 22° weather at my place. Plus my sister asked me for a hefty loan to help her bury her grandson. Death totally unexpected naturally. I'm very close to my sister and can't deny her anything I have that she needs.

Get up next morning to turn the water back on and discovered I have a major pipe burst in a wall during the freeze and only to learn that my local plumbing supply house is closed due to the extreme weather. Be Monday at the earliest to get my water back on. So now no working furnace and a broken water pipe in a wall. So it’s only a matter of perspective what kind of experience each of has during this past miserable week. But with Gods help I’ll get through it all. God bless and God speed neighbors.

Prayers for you. What a horrible turn of events.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png