purchased new slingshot

Seems a Polaris with the pull trailer would be a good option compared to the trike. Better options for weather encounters, side by side, the price is not that bad either last time I looked compared to a conversion. Now, I just don't know about getting in and out of those things, how difficult that would be for us 'seniors'.

Seems a Polaris with the pull trailer would be a good option compared to the trike. Better options for weather encounters, side by side, the price is not that bad either last time I looked compared to a conversion. Now, I just don't know about getting in and out of those things, how difficult that would be for us 'seniors'.

Depending on which one you are looking at they have gone up in price. I dont think I need all there options they are putting on the 21 models.

I did like the 20 Touring model that was green and limited to how many were built.

I had a new 2018 Slingshot had it for two years and 15 thousand miles before i sold it....Even with the roof [Slingshade] where i could reach up and Grab the cross member to Sky hook my way out it was still a pain in the ass getting in and out....

If you do a lot of short trips getting in and out starts getting old...

Thanks Rino, that was sort of my concept of 'mount and dismount'. I do love the seeing those star trek things coming down the road, but I best leave it for the younger folks.

you can not see trailer behind slingshot, i have only pulled N-line on test runs with trike and slingshot, pulled many miles behind a goldwing. I added bullet speed top and hold it to get in and out. Wife likes slingshot better than wing, I like them about same. I find the trike easier to get on.

2018 Slingshot

Jan. 12, 2022

I sat in a slingshot a couple of years ago in the DYH showroom in Deptford, NJ. It was murder getting in and ridiculous trying to get out. I will stick with my 2004 Honda GL1800 with Prowler RT conversion. I do believe that if I was riding in one I would be able to drive under the tractor trailers without getting a scratch.

Motogordo

p.s. I have seen a couple on the highway in New Jersey, but they are so low to the road I would be scared of getting my butt burned. LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png