HELP 2003 GW CSC won't turn over at all

GYPSYGAL

Dec 17, 2011
Ash, NC
Had battery tested, it's fine. I put in N and press starter and get nothing. When I release starter I get a single click.Had oil changed on Friday and safety check and will need 2 front pads replaced. I'm wondering if something came loose. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.:Dorag:

The picture shown is my old bike, I will post pic of my new one who I call Moonshine.

Had battery tested, it's fine. I put in N and press starter and get nothing. When I release starter I get a single click.Had oil changed on Friday and safety check and will need 2 front pads replaced. I'm wondering if something cane loose. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.:Dorag:

The picture shown is my old bike, I will post pic of my new one who I call Moonshine.

Are you absolutely sure that the battery is Not Dead.....How old is the battery, And what did it read voltage wise on the tester??....Any thing Under 12.75 V Is not fine...

Are you absolutely sure that the battery is Not Dead.....How old is the battery, And what did it read voltage wise on the tester??....Any thing Under 12.75 V Is not fine...

Tested up at Advance and even had 400 cranking. guy who tested also rides and he said it was fine.

I bought the bike in Sept from a lady whose husband died in March, so I don't know how old the battery is. I just had the oil changed and had a safety check and will need new front pads and I'll need new tires. The guy who tested battery told me he'd love to sell me a new $125 battery but there was nothing wrong with mine. I know when he tested he said something about it showing 12+ and then he told me aboyt the cranking. I'm wondering if something came loose when they did the safety check and changed the oil, it is a reputable shop that I have used before.

Hook a volt meter up to the starter, you should have the same reading as at the battery. See what the voltage is when you try to start it. If your voltage drops below 10 volts your battery is bad

All i have at home is a charging system analyzer here at home. How would I hook it to starter. ?

If it has a positive and negative lead, hook the positive to the battery lug on the starter, put the negative lead on a good ground. This is assuming your device is capable of reading voltage

You can also do a voltage load / drop test @ the battery. Hook up positive and negative leads on battery, observe and record static charge on battery, next, with meter still hooked up turn on headlight for 10 seconds and observe the voltage, if it drops more than 10 volts and continues to drop you have a bad battery. Good luck in your checks

Hook a volt meter up to the starter, you should have the same reading as at the battery. See what the voltage is when you try to start it. If your voltage drops below 10 volts your battery is bad

I Agree, the volt meters are pretty cheap at Walmart and Harbor Freight, they'll work for what you need.

Problem solved

:AllGood:It turns out that my kill switch and starter weren't connecting well. Was told that there could be corrosion preventing start.

Played with kill switch and it finally started. I know that the starter solenoid will eventually have to be replaced. I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to advise me. Great bunch of people:pepper:

So now, I just have another problem: my headlights won't go on when I start the bike:gah:and when I press reverse, the headlights go on!!! As soon as I press reverse off:gah:, the headlights go off. Any comments or advice will be appreciated:censored:

:AllGood:It turns out that my kill switch and starter weren't connecting well. Was told that there could be corrosion preventing start.

Played with kill switch and it finally started. I know that the starter solenoid will eventually have to be replaced. I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to advise me. Great bunch of people:pepper:

So now, I just have another problem: my headlights won't go on when I start the bike:gah:and when I press reverse, the headlights go on!!! As soon as I press reverse off:gah:, the headlights go off. Any comments or advice will be appreciated:censored:

Since the kill switch, start button and reverse are all on the same handlebar... perhaps some wiring was jiggled when you were playing with it. Don't know how that connects to the headlight though. Hopefully these guys can offer some suggestions. Hang in there! Let us know what you find.

:clapping:......

Reverse/headlight problem

My mechanic owner told me that with Honda Goldwings there's 3 things that cause problems::mad:

Right handlebar (and I only use Reverse in an emergency!)cause it's too expensive to fix :confused:

Alternator (which I had to replace on my 1999 GW/Lehman):gah:

Neutral light (if it rolls it's in neutral)
clapping%20smilie.gif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png