2002 Roadhawk HELP!!!!

SMK

Mar 17, 2021
Chattanooga, TN, USA
:wave4:I am looking for more info on here about my 2002 Roadhawk. It was my Dad's and he really didn't know what he had. We have done a lot of work to it and there is more to do. I would love to find info in the original builder and or the company that bought his company. Maybe there is a manual out there? Any help would be great!!!!

MrTrike

:wave4:I am looking for more info on here about my 2002 Roadhawk. It was my Dad's and he really didn't know what he had. We have done a lot of work to it and there is more to do. I would love to find info in the original builder and or the company that bought his company. Maybe there is a manual out there? Any help would be great!!!!

The Trike Shop, now Roadsmith, built these for years, since 1972. We stopped making them about 8 years ago due to the demand for conversion kits for Honda's and Harley's. The cv joints are from a 1969-1979 vw type 1 Bug. Be sure to clean and repack joints with cv joint grease. Some parts maybe available from Roadsmith. You can call but no guaranty they have but can help guide you in the right direction. There # is 1-800-331-0705. Ask for Doug. KEEP-ON-TRIKEN. Dick

MrTrike

The Trike Shop, now Roadsmith, built these for years, since 1972. We stopped making them about 8 years ago due to the demand for conversion kits for Honda's and Harley's. The cv joints are from a 1969-1979 vw type 1 Bug. Be sure to clean and repack joints with cv joint grease. Some parts maybe available from Roadsmith. You can call but no guaranty they have but can help guide you in the right direction. There # is 1-800-331-0705. Ask for Doug. KEEP-ON-TRIKEN. Dick

I saw your reply. Here is what you have. The Transaxle is from a 1968-1974 type 3. Not a Vanagon. What happened is your differential is from a Type 4 which has larger cv joints. The years are still the same. We would use than diff. once in a while. That diff. bolts up to type 3 or type 4 transaxle. If you need more info about what you have, call me at 1-386-299-8081. I am the founder of this company and help you as needed. Dick

Hi Dick, I bought a HTS 1800 for my wing last year from Doug and Jim in Mn.

Just wondering, Did you start the trike shop in Florida, or in Mn?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png