how fast

k-dog

May 13, 2018
princeton wv usa
went for ride yesterday hit long stretch straight wide open in sixth gear would go no faster than 98miles hour. tried it twice same . anyone else tried to see how fast theirs will go.pipes and cat opend up,free flow air cleaner, fuel enricher. don:t need to here about why i shouldn"t do or think about this.

went for ride yesterday hit long stretch straight wide open in sixth gear would go no faster than 98miles hour. tried it twice same . anyone else tried to see how fast theirs will go.pipes and cat opend up,free flow air cleaner, fuel enricher. don:t need to here about why i shouldn"t do or think about this.

I tried to see how fast my Trike would go when i had the 2011..And once my fear of death overcame the trill of speed.....I though better of going over 95 MPH...:Shrug:..

my 2011 was faster than my 14 & 16 , not sure about my 2020, haven't tried. I think my 11 went between 105 & 110. the first 3 were all the same as far as tuners, mufflers & air cleaner. my 14 & 16 i don't remember them getting over 95.

gear bound or road speed limited by ECM Interesting. I wonder if anyone has checked with Harley to see if they did Road speed limited the new models, it would be simple to change the setting with the right tuner just sayin. Old Shiney will do all of 100 since I changed the gearing with taller tires. I rarely go stupid fast and not really planning to do it again but I'm not sure how far past 100 it would go I do very little gawking around at that speed. LOL

A 2012 Tri Glide will definitely go faster than 98 mph on flat road with no significant headwind. But it may need to have free flowing intake and exhaust, be tuned well, running at optimum temps.

Heat is one of the biggest power robbers there is on these engines...it sounds like you already are free flowing in and out?

I would do a leak down test to make sure that all is well internally. If it is, then look at getting the heat they come stock with down to optimum operating temps and you should be able to pump out another 10-15 mph.

Below is a vid where we talk about a leak down test if you're interested.

Kevin

I have not topped out my Trike, I dunno if I want to:p

I topped out your trike...just never told you. :laugh:

Not really, would not do that.

I think we do have some video of doing some wheelies on your trike...but I asked you first. :D

Jack, personally I am comfortable (in clear of traffic conditions) cruising at 80-85. I don't mind speeding up to 90-95 passing, but I never stay there for more than a few seconds. Things happen too fast at that speed for me.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png