Maggie Valley 2021

David357

30500+ Posts
May 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL.
It's that time again to start coordinating efforts to kickoff and prepare for the MAGGIE VALLEY 2021 event.

Right now we need a volunteer or two to take the lead in this effort. (hint: John, Doug, Gary, Marc, Mike or anyone who plans on going....:D). I cannot take the lead this year.

Room accommodations, rates, sign-up registration lists and such will all be set up by Administration.

We just need a "MAGGIE VALLEY EVENT COORDINATOR" to coordinate with Administration on the event dates, coordinate and find road captains and all that good stuff so please let us know soon.

In the mean time, until we have "MAGGIE VALLEY EVENT COORDINATOR", please post in this thread your interest in attending the event and your preference of dates on or near Labor Day weekend 2021. (Monday September 6, 2021 through Thursday September 9, 2021 with checkout Friday September 10, 2021.)

Thanks.ThumbUp

Last edited:
The question has come up defining the role of the "Maggie Valley 2021 Gathering/ Event Coordinator".

The role is simple. A few examples are:

• Take over and monitor this thread.
  • Provide Papa Zook with an approximate head count in the next few weeks.
  • Provide Papa Zook the general consensus of the event arrival/departure dates.
  • Verify with Haywood County and Maggie Valley officials concerning any covid restrictions.
  • Contact local eating establishments to see what covid restrictions, if any, may effect operating hours or eat-in services.
  • Coordinate with anyone who has volunteered to help "lead day rides" and pass this information on to the group.
  • Coordinate with the hotel for the use of grill, tables, etc. for the cookout.
  • Anything you feel will enhance the fun and enjoyment of the gathering.
  • Most importantly, to make sure Moonshine Mike stays in line and avoids all parking lot wheelstops.:Joker3:

Dave,

Like I texted with you earlier, Becky and I are willing to help somebody with getting the MV event going but don't think we can run the whole show.

Becky actually sent an e-mail already to Haywood County asking about current COVID restrictions to get a feel for where they are at in their thought process on opening things up.

Doug & Becky

Doug,

I can handle setting up the rates and reservations with Michael and Marge can set up a signup page like we always do, but I will most likely not be able to get away to attend this year due to running our shop. We are growing the business, my son has come onboard and hiring and training another tech.

Doug,

I can handle setting up the rates and reservations with Michael and Marge can set up a signup page like we always do, but I will most likely not be able to get away to attend this year due to running our shop. We are growing the business, son has come onboard and hiring and training another tech.

Sounds good Randy! We will miss you but your business comes first.

Becky has already been in touch with Haywood County and the Maggie Valley Commissioners to get a feel for COVID restrictions.

We are planning to arrive on Friday. Things seem to run itself. I have been gently nudging it a little to keep it from going off the rails. It doesn't take much, other than the Rattler on Tuesday, the group decides where to go. Maybe we can get Sully, our head chef to cooking something other than hot dogs:D

Jan & John

Dave,

Like I texted with you earlier, Becky and I are willing to help somebody with getting the MV event going but don't think we can run the whole show.

Becky actually sent an e-mail already to Haywood County asking about current COVID restrictions to get a feel for where they are at in their thought process on opening things up.

Doug & Becky

Thank you Doug & Becky for all that you do.ThumbUp

We're in, Jo Ann and I are both fully vaccinated and so looking forward after the disappointment of last year. Doug and Becky, what can we do to help ? We'll be arriving on Sunday the 5th in the afternoon. Don't really know how we could cook anything else but dogs with the trimmings for a decent size group without spending the afternoon preparing things instead of riding.

We're in, Jo Ann and I are both fully vaccinated and so looking forward after the disappointment of last year. Doug and Becky, what can we do to help ? We'll be arriving on Sunday the 5th in the afternoon. Don't really know how we could cook anything else but dogs with the trimmings for a decent size group without spending the afternoon preparing things instead of riding.

Gary, I will get a hold of you and we can talk more. Hot dogs have been grill night but it would be nice to do something more.

We need our Executive Chef, Sully, to come this year to help with the cooking! (HINT, HINT!) :D

Last edited:
Gary, I will get a hold of you and we can talk more. Hot dogs have been grill night but it would be nice to do something more.

We need our Executive Chef, Sully, to come this year to help with the cooking! (HINT, HINT!) :D

Doug, I sure would like to be there. I'm having a couple of Heart related surgeries and a new pacemaker placed. My goal will be next year. Ya'll have a Great time.

Sully

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png