vibration in bike after voyager installation

richflowers5

Reaction score
:p installed voyager trike kit on my 2006 ultra classic following instructions.....set pre-load....bike when accelerating is smooth.....when slowing down has a vibration like an out of balance tire.....cannot seem to find out what it is....help!

welcome

i do not have a kit put just a thought tire pressure in rear tires is a thought and also you might need to tighten the neck steering bearings because of the addition of the kit throws things off. most recommend 40 lbs torque on those bearings in trike form. try thr tire pressure first. check the forum for help with that.

:p installed voyager trike kit on my 2006 ultra classic following instructions.....set pre-load....bike when accelerating is smooth.....when slowing down has a vibration like an out of balance tire.....cannot seem to find out what it is....help!

Richard.......Welcome to Trike-Talk......:wave4:.....

And as stated previous Check your head bearings.....With 3 wheels it needs to be tighten down more than a 2 wheelers calls for....

Good suggestions so far. Head bearing torque mostly solved it for me. Also the handlebar bushings were loose so replaced at the same time.

Lastly, the rear wheel alignment was off by quite a bit on mine, easy enough to adjust.

Good luck, enjoy the trike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png