Rainy day thoughts..#.86.∞

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Reaction score
When i was into performance enhancements on my Cars ,I Would take the car to the drag strip... And the time slips would tell me if the part really did any improvement to the overall performance...Not just once down the strip but many runs....

And with my Bikes and or Trikes i would put on 500 to a thousand miles before i would say it worked out or not.?...

Now back to my Thoughts.......Someone will add something to their vehicle drive it around the block....And pronounce that its the best thing since the invention of the electric starter......Seat of the pants only works with Daisy Dukes...;).

Have to agree with what you said, but would like to add: Throwing one random hot rod part at an engine at a time doesn't give near as good of results as using parts that are known to work well together. Guess how I learned that.

PC

Have to agree with what you said, but would like to add: Throwing one random hot rod part at an engine at a time doesn't give near as good of results as using parts that are known to work well together. Guess how I learned that.

PC

I always did one part at a time....And then add on, So if my ET's dropped or increased i knew what worked or not.....

I agree, especially for those like me with minimal engine mechanics. I think the sound of pipes is very psychological to the feeling of increased performance. Sure they sound “better”, but are they really increasing performance. The last thing I added were pipes for my upgrades. I can say that the torque cam I added was the single most noticeable performance gain I have ever done. I noticed that BEFORE I added SE slip ons. The slip ons sound great but I did not notice any further increase in performance. If it makes you feel better about your bike/trike that is part of the fun. Maybe as trikes continue to grow in popularity there will be more dYna machines that can test trikes. Be Safe BK

I agree, especially for those like me with minimal engine mechanics. I think the sound of pipes is very psychological to the feeling of increased performance. Sure they sound “better”, but are they really increasing performance. The last thing I added were pipes for my upgrades. I can say that the torque cam I added was the single most noticeable performance gain I have ever done. I noticed that BEFORE I added SE slip ons. The slip ons sound great but I did not notice any further increase in performance. If it makes you feel better about your bike/trike that is part of the fun. Maybe as trikes continue to grow in popularity there will be more dYna machines that can test trikes. Be Safe BK

I am guilty of having that feeling.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png