Dang It!

Bama Jack

10+ Posts
Mar 4, 2018
Smiths Station, AL U.S.A.

:Dorag: 24 months on my Roadsmith with only a couple of very small chips on the fender areas......expected. Then BAM in ONE day I pickup SIX large chips! Three on each side. Just my bad luck I reckon. And one of them is high on the fender about 3/4" long and deep. All at one time when meeting a dang dump truck with a loose load. It sounded like rifle shots as the trike was hit with debris from the dump truck. Reckon I'll live with it for this summer and fall riding them may have to get to the paint shop and KD Cycle. :cool:

:Dorag: 24 months on my Roadsmith with only a couple of very small chips on the fender areas......expected. Then BAM in ONE day I pickup SIX large chips! Three on each side. Just my bad luck I reckon. And one of them is high on the fender about 3/4" long and deep. All at one time when meeting a dang dump truck with a loose load. It sounded like rifle shots as the trike was hit with debris from the dump truck. Reckon I'll live with it for this summer and fall riding them may have to get to the paint shop and KD Cycle. :cool:

Jim, sorry to hear that! Those wide fiberglass fenders are a magnet for rock chips. Most all dealers, me included, never sell a trike without clear film paint protection or fender bras and so should every dealer that sells trikes, otherwise you will definately be taking it back for expensive paint repairs.

How well would a good coat of wax in those bad areas work???....................Am i just lucky, but after two seasons, I have no chips eaten out of my paint, and I do ride it everyday.... You, understand that I don't do dirt roads, rocky areas, BUT I'm riding back roads frequently ............. I am a wax freak, every rainy day I just sit in my garage, with headphones on, rock out too Led zeppelin, and wax away............ So I believe a coat of wax just may help protect...............

Ronnie

Just bought my trike from KD Cycle 2 weeks ago. It was a trade in. A customer was test driving it and came back with a damaged rear fender. Rather than painting the whole thing they installed fender bras. Made sense to me.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png