Are You Kidding Me?

David357

30500+ Posts
May 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL.
TerryMeza1.jpeg

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "Castle Doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

Now listen to what she has to say...

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.

Under her new law, “… the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible, he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner.

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

Heck, they've been talking open carry with no permits here...this is Texas!.. a Red state... so this repeal, it won't make it :gun2: :D

In Texas, State Representative Terry Meza (D-Irving) has introduced HB196. Her bill would repeal the state's "Castle Doctrine." This doctrine allows a homeowner to use deadly force against an armed intruder who breaks into his home.

"I'm not saying that stealing is okay," Meza explained. "All I'm saying is that it doesn't warrant a death penalty. Thieves only carry weapons for self-protection and to provide the householder an incentive to cooperate. They just want to get their loot and get away. When the resident tries to resist is when people get hurt. If only one side is armed fewer people will be killed."

Meza was quick to reassure that her bill would not totally prevent homeowners from defending themselves.

Under her new law, “… the homeowner's obligation is to flee the home at the first sign of intrusion. If fleeing is not possible, he must cooperate with the intruder. But if violence breaks out it is the homeowner's responsibility to make sure no one gets hurt. The best way to achieve this is to use the minimum non-lethal force possible because intruders will be able to sue for any injuries they receive at the hands of the homeowner.

"In most instances the thief needs the money more than the homeowner does," Meza reasoned. "The homeowner's insurance reimburse his losses. On balance, the transfer of property is likely to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth. If my bill can help make this transfer a peaceful one so much the better."

I am speechless! How can anyone be so stupid. How much of her salary is she handing out to lead to a more equitable distribution of wealth????

TerryMeza1.jpeg

Holy Horse Hockey! She's taking a page right out of the British logic for disarming their citizens. OK, so if a woman is being raped she should not resist but just relax and enjoy it? How do these sociopaths get elected? and in Texas of all places!! Bet it doesn't go far.

Holy Horse Hockey! She's taking a page right out of the British logic for disarming their citizens. OK, so if a woman is being raped she should not resist but just relax and enjoy it? How do these sociopaths get elected? and in Texas of all places!! Bet it doesn't go far.

I certainly hope it doesn't. I can't get a visual of myself running out the back door while the needy ransack my home.

You guys don't understand. People who break into other peoples houses have a lot of problems. I think every homeowner has the

right, actually an obligation to help solve the criminal's problems right there on the spot and as quickly as possible. It's your civic duty don't you know. ;)

You guys don't understand. People who break into other peoples houses have a lot of problems. I think every homeowner has the

right, actually an obligation to help solve the criminal's problems right there on the spot and as quickly as possible. It's your civic duty don't you know. ;)

So now, in addition to working, homeowner's need to take classes on how to deal with messed up people? :xzqxz:

TerryMeza1.jpeg

What Looney Tunes has she been watching ??? Send some crooks to her house & see what she does. :gah:

Don't you guys get it yet?......Those people....Extreme Liberals are cowards and think if i just let the bag guys alone , They the criminals Won't hurt me and beat me up! ....Kinna like lets just give Hitler Czechoslovakia....And there will be peace in our time...How did that workout?....

Memory may fail me on this one. But I believe years ago Jersey had a similar law. You were to try to avoid confrontation. When you we cornered or hidin in the closet and found then you could use deadly force. I think it was because Hoffas buddies were shootin people and pullin them back in the house and claiming self defense.:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png