ride out west

Not much shorter,just different destinations now. Still have Maggie Valley in ???? I forget Sept. maybe ?:xzqxz::xzqxz:

Thanks Bill. I tried to open it on my computer and it said it was encrypted. Started playing with it a little and got it to "cast" to my TV! Something never done at my house before. Able to watch the ride on my big screen. Ride safe..... Jim

I did that route last month in my truck and it was snowing on top of the mountain.

Well the other day we did the North Rim of Grand canyon. 105*getting back to hotel in Page,Az. 98-101 yesterday getting to Garden City ks. Made it to Shawnee,Ok today & much cooler. 98 Tomorrow the Talimena National Scenic Byway

I really like the North Rim much better than south. Quite a hike out to the Point ,but you feel like you are in the canyon, 3 sides of view, the finger of this point is about 3/4 of a mile or so out into the canyon.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 127
There is still some snow on the peaks. You going to Maggie valley ?? or was that last year? We are going

Unless something else comes up we are p
lanning on being there. Will be taking a rather long trip of about 8000 miles.

There is still some snow on the peaks. You going to Maggie valley ?? or was that last year? We are going

Unless something else comes up we are p
lanning on being there. Will be taking a rather long trip of about 8000 miles.

Will see you there Ray. Staying at the BW

Well the other day we did the North Rim of Grand canyon. 105*getting back to hotel in Page,Az. 98-101 yesterday getting to Garden City ks. Made it to Shawnee,Ok today & much cooler. 98 Tomorrow the Talimena National Scenic Byway

I really like the North Rim much better than south. Quite a hike out to the Point ,but you feel like you are in the canyon, 3 sides of view, the finger of this point is about 3/4 of a mile or so out into the canyon.

Last summer one couldn't see across the canyon. The smoke from the fires in CA had drifted eastward and settled in the GC as the air cooled. With little breeze, it just sat there. :gah:

Talimena National Scenic Byway I guess we must have missed something !!??? We all,were disappointed with this ride. Maybe because we had seen so much more out west. Anyway one ride we would NOT do again. O well, can't win em all. 3 days of rest near Little Rock,so my honey can visit her sister.

Talimena

Way over rated IMHO. With the 4 corners states but an easy one day's ride, I am spoiled. :D

It took only one ride to decide I would never go back, nor have I. The "Pigs Trail" in AR is no better. Those that rave about it have never been to the western half of the US.

Ride in peace, Michael

Talimena National Scenic Byway I guess we must have missed something !!??? We all,were disappointed with this ride. Maybe because we had seen so much more out west. Anyway one ride we would NOT do again. O well, can't win em all. 3 days of rest near Little Rock,so my honey can visit her sister.

My plan is to do it in the fall to see the beautiful colors.

Little over 5k on the ride. We scrubbed west Az due to temps. 105 was high enough 103 not much better. 90's most of the trip. We only got wet the 2nd day of ride heading for Zook's place. We were sure hoping for more,later in the trip. Maggie Valley should be better & then maybe a ride to the northern states . Time will tell. Have to go to Florida 1st in mid July for grandson's Natl Soccer Tournament.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png