No brake pedal return.

1 triker

Dec 28, 2018
Hempstead,tx,Waller County
Maybe someone can help me on this, 2013 Stallion, the brake pedal will not come up after pressing it. I've changed master cyl, booster and proportioning valve and still will not come up, I have to pull it by hand.

What happens if you open a caliper bleeder when this happens? Do you get fluid out and does the pedal release?

Pump the brakes up till you feel them get hard, start the trike up. The pedal should drop off slightly. You have just tested your brake booster, to rule it out. When you changed the booster did you by chance mess with the push rod for the master cylinder? In correct adjustment would change your free travel and could cause the brakes to lock up and the pedal to not return

Good morning

this problem has happened to me twice. I believe the problem lies in the front calipers

when you put on the brakes the cups expand to put pressure on the pad and then do not return

when the pedal is let up. Take caliper off like you would to change pads and then check cup area.

clean up really good with brake cleaner and brush. you will probably half to rebuild them eventually.

Dragon

Good morning

this problem has happened to me twice. I believe the problem lies in the front calipers

when you put on the brakes the cups expand to put pressure on the pad and then do not return

when the pedal is let up. Take caliper off like you would to change pads and then check cup area.

clean up really good with brake cleaner and brush. you will probably half to rebuild them eventually.

Dragon

Cleaning the caliper pistons is ALWAYS a good start before installing new pads;)

stallion

Maybe someone can help me on this, 2013 Stallion, the brake pedal will not come up after pressing it. I've changed master cyl, booster and proportioning valve and still will not come up, I have to pull it by hand.

Do you have a spring about 6" long under the bike pulling the break rod back?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png