Thinking of a new trike

Trike Pictures

PICTURES!! PICTURES!!! It didn’t happen unless there are pictures!! :clapping:

Here are a few pics of my newest trike. I'm not sure the front basket, as cool as it is, will be permeant as it may interfere with my head light. Will find out tonight.

Attachments

• DSCN0027.jpg
    DSCN0027.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN0028.jpg
    DSCN0028.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 105
I use one of them to run the pup ....wrong pix ...can’t erase :cool::Shrug:

Attachments

• 966E9B5E-BABA-445C-997F-DED70FD5345F.jpg
    966E9B5E-BABA-445C-997F-DED70FD5345F.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 110
Have you decided What size engine are you having installed..?😁..

So far I'm at about 1/2 H.P. (Human Power). My goal is to build to a full H.P. :xzqxz: Sorry to say the daisy basket on the front didn't make the cut. Too much interference with the head light. Oh well, at least I have memories (and pictures)..... Jim :)

The news on my yellow trike is I won't get it until about September according to the seller, by the time I get it the heat will be dying down and cooler weather will be on the way.

My son has one of these and it rides very well. He has balance problems and can't ride a bicycle. He's 6' 1" and 220 lbs. One thing to be aware of (if not already pointed out) there is only a rim caliper brake on the front wheel. Hills aren't a problem in Florida but if you get caught in the rain(not uncommon in Florida) wet rim caliper brakes quickly become no brakes! Enjoy!!

Messed up you're in Arid-zona.....Never Mind.

The news on my yellow trike is I won't get it until about September according to the seller, by the time I get it the heat will be dying down and cooler weather will be on the way.

Have you already paid for it? If so they owe you interest on your money they are sitting on.

Sorry to hear about the delayed delivery. When I was doing my tricycle research I ran into supply issues a lot. I found the same problems when trying to buy an aluminum trailer for my big trike a couple months ago.

We are experiencing day time temperatures between 105 and 110. But I still get daily rides in. It's about 3/4 mile to our pool. The water is a welcome relief even after that short ride.

Have you already paid for it? If so they owe you interest on your money they are sitting on.

Its paid for, problem is the seller may have had a limited number in inventory and then I came into the queue with asking for solid tires vs regular and 3 speeds vs 1 speed. Yellow may be more popular as it is an 'Industrial' trike rather than consumer grade version. I may ask that they throw in a 'Cup Holder' for the long wait. By the time I get it the hot weather should be winding down in New Mexico and it will be a more pleasant to take it for a 'Spin'. Covid made a mess of the supply chain and giving businesses problems. Bad thing about living in Lovington is there are no bicycle shops in the area or much of anything and so most here rely on mail order.

It continues

Spoke with the owner of the bicycle shop today and we had a good chat, the supply chain is worse than the news media leads us to believe and while mostly all bicycle parts come from Asia he explained there is a shortage of raw materials as well as workers as some countries still have COVID lock-downs. He told me the trikes are not even in a shipping to begin their journey to his business.

We discussed substituting a Trailmate Desoto Hauler in yellow with a 3 speed hub, he'll be applying what I paid on the first one to the replacement model and let me know what I owe. Looks like there may be something coming soon, his ad stated "Low in inventory" hope I get one. :xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png