Hand Grips

MikeyTX

Dead animals deserve balloons...
Reaction score
Has anyone changed out the hand grips on their 2021 ? Or are Paws and I the only ones with a '21 RT LTD .......... Inquiring minds. :laugh:

You may be Mikey. Mine is a 2012,almost an antique :) I put the chrome and rubber clam shell ones on from Kury but didn't like all surgery needed to clear the shift paddles. I now have foam grips covers that I got from TricLED.

If you read the bottom line on this product's description it states it will NOT fit well over heated grips.

I don't know about Grip Puppys.... I think they have 2 different sizes.

I bought Grab On Grips Grip Covers on Amazon.

The bottom line on this product's description says it WILL fit heated grips

https://www.amazon.com/Grab-Grip-Co...8030&sprefix=foam+grip+covers,aps,213&sr=8-24

No problems with fitment. Instant relief.

At first they may seem a little too fat for your hands but will slim down after use. Had these things on my Gold Wing from 2012 to 2021 - just last year the throttle side got a little tear in the edge of it from wear.

Measure the length of your throttle before you slip them on.... I can't remember.... we MIGHT have had to cut a little bit of length off with a razor blade before we slipped them on...

A bit off topic but,,,,,,

If you haven't ridden with one of these old cramp busters, ya just gotta try it. It changes my whole ride.

Attachments

• throttle.jpg
    throttle.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 131
I transferred my old Throttle Boss from my Gold Wing trike to the Spyder... have had this thing on the last 3 rides I have owned.. really like it...takes the strain and fatigue out of the hand and wrist. It is made of a thick, soft strong rubber which is more comfortable to me than the hard plastic style.

It relieves the pressure on my hand. In fact I ordered another one just recently to have as a spare since the original has been used so much and so long and through lots of weather conditions...plus being afraid they might not make them much longer.

However, on the G Wing I had to be careful with not accidentally hitting it when I didn’t mean to... like in a slow, controlled turn due to the throttle being so sensitive the bike would lurch forward IMMEDIATELY...snapping you backwards..thank goodness for the driver backrest and the clutch...LOL! The Spyder’s throttle is harder to turn and takes more tension in the wrist and hands to keep it turned.

I transferred my old Throttle Boss from my Gold Wing trike to the Spyder... have had this thing on the last 3 rides I have owned.. really like it...takes the strain and fatigue out of the hand and wrist. It is made of a thick, soft strong rubber which is more comfortable to me than the hard plastic style.

It relieves the pressure on my hand. In fact I ordered another one just recently to have as a spare since the original has been used so much and so long and through lots of weather conditions...plus being afraid they might not make them much longer.

However, on the G Wing I had to be careful with not accidentally hitting it when I didn’t mean to... like in a slow, controlled turn due to the throttle being so sensitive the bike would lurch forward IMMEDIATELY...snapping you backwards..thank goodness for the driver backrest and the clutch...LOL! The Spyder’s throttle is harder to turn and takes more tension in the wrist and hands to keep it turned.

Ive been using the throttle boss or a variation of it for 15+ years...I'm so used to it being there i forget its even there like its a permanent part of the bike/trike......ThumbUp...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png