TonkaDriver Status...?

cScjhb

2500+ Posts
May 6, 2020
Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
TonkaDriver on the forum, Kurt and Sally live in Bagdad, AZ. which has been evacuated due to wild fire burning in the area and town. Has anyone had an update about their situation and safety?

The late news tonight was not good saying the entire town has been evacuated and showed homes in town being burned down..... Jim

Thanks for the news attachment Carla. Like so much stuff in the MSM they can't even spell the name of the town correctly. There is no H in the name of Bagdad, AZ. It has nothing to do with Baghdad, Iraq. The town was named Bagdad because early miners, father and son, were carrying ore out of the mine in bags. The son was filling the bags and the father was helping with equipment support. When needed the son would holler "bag dad". I think most people around here would be offended if Bagdad, AZ. is thought to be associated in any way with Iraq.

I just read that all power to Bagdad has been cut for safety and that fire has burned through the fiber optic cables so there is no communication either.

Hoping to hear from Kurt soon..... Jim

Thanks for the news attachment Carla. Like so much stuff in the MSM they can't even spell the name of the town correctly. There is no H in the name of Bagdad, AZ. It has nothing to do with Baghdad, Iraq. The town was named Bagdad because early miners, father and son, were carrying ore out of the mine in bags. The son was filling the bags and the father was helping with equipment support. When needed the son would holler "bag dad". I think most people around here would be offended if Bagdad, AZ. is thought to be associated in any way with Iraq.

I just read that all power to Bagdad has been cut for safety and that fire has burned through the fiber optic cables so there is no communication either.

Hoping to hear from Kurt soon..... Jim

Yes.. it is most irritating to see so much “blunder” in the written text in today’s world. But it is the way of the world now. Those of us who were taught that things MUST be correct or suffer consequences are a dying breed.

Fire

We are back home safe and sound. Thanks for the concern. Yes Jim the media reports a lot of things the know nothing about. One newscaster that is more or less a legend in phoenix said that we are not in a mountainous region. I am thinking maybe he should visit so I can show him all the mountains around here. Our elevation is 3000 feet higher than Phoenix and I am not sure how that happens without some mountains being involved.

Happy and tired,

Kurt

We are back home safe and sound. Thanks for the concern. Yes Jim the media reports a lot of things the know nothing about. One newscaster that is more or less a legend in phoenix said that we are not in a mountainous region. I am thinking maybe he should visit so I can show him all the mountains around here. Our elevation is 3000 feet higher than Phoenix and I am not sure how that happens without some mountains being involved.

Happy and tired,

Kurt

Mary and I were just talking about you and Sally 20 minutes ago.

Great to hear you're back home...and that it is still there!

Talk soon.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png