2011 Tri Glide Additional Accessory Plug?

cubalz

Jun 8, 2021
Magnolia, DE United States
I ordered a set of Love Jug Mighty Mites and they are due in today so naturally I am at work thinking about the install rather than actual work. My bike currently has the accessory plug that resides under the seat in use on my Road Zeppelin seat so I am wondering if there is another plug somewhere else on the bike that I can plug the fans into. I would rather not cut the plug off of the Mighty Mites and wire straight into the battery if I can help it. Also wondering if there is a splitter that can be used for the under seat plug so I can run both off of it. Not optimal but a thought.

Can anyone help? Keep in mind that I am at work and my HD trike manual is at home, please don't flame me.

Thanks!

John

Touring bikes with an accessory switch on the dash.

• Remove the seat and find the accessory plug included with your bike. It will be located tucked down a couple of inches at the front of the battery. Remove the rubber plug.

• Route the Love jugs harness up under the gas tank and secure the harness to existing wires with the included wire ties, or you can use the included self stick attachments, and run the plug to a position under the seat. Make sure the wire harness is not touching the engine or too close to the engine. Also make sure the harness will not be crushed when you re-install the seat.

• Push the wiring plug from the “Love Jugs” harness into the plug you located from your accessory switch.
    • Turn on the ignition, then your accessory switch to make sure the fans start. Re-install the seat.

Jack,

Thank you but as was posted in my original question, that plug is already in use for my Road Zeppelin seat. I was wondering if there is a second accessory plug elsewhere or if I could use a splitter for both the seat and the jugs for the plug under the seat.

John

Jack,

Thank you but as was posted in my original question, that plug is already in use for my Road Zeppelin seat. I was wondering if there is a second accessory plug elsewhere or if I could use a splitter for both the seat and the jugs for the plug under the seat.

John

I dunno about another plug on your model, If there is a splitter available depending on how big a fuse you have controlling the accessory plug you have hooked up for your seat may be doable

I do know later models have a plug coming off the ECM you can tap into with a preformed molded plug that is year specific

I figured it out. I just bought a 70264-94A Switched Circuit Adapter Harness. That way I can run both the seat and fan off of the same accessory plug. I usually don't mess with the seat since I have it dialed in and the two small fans on the Mighty Mites should not draw much current.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png