can-am Ryker.

Too old for a Ryker?

I'll be 75 later this summer. I bought a new 2019 Ryker 600 ACE and have put over 7000 miles on it. The miles are both city and highway. Couldn't be happier.

I think we need a Ryker sub forum. It's a Can-Am but not a Spider. Fun little bar hopper. Wicked quick for a 900 automatic. Daughter in law has one. Almost bought one but salesman talked me out of it. It is not for 70 year olds. Hello Goldwing/Roadsmith.

Ahh, that salesman is crazy. With a 24" seat height, its one of the easiest machines to mount & dismount. Its the perfect machine for older riders, or guys like me with a bad lower back and bad knees.

Thanks guys, I've slowly made changes and upgrades over the first year to get it where I wanted it, I'm still very happy with it. Since these photos were taken, I have added a backrest.

I was also trying to build a 900 for 2 up riding with duel back rests. Just ain't built for that.

You're so right. Even though they sell a passenger seat and backrests, these machines are not made for two up riding. The salesmen will tell you that they are, but they will say anything to make a sale. The truth is for these machines to be able to ride two up, you would need the Max mount, passenger seat & backrest, and most importantly, a $1700 dollar suspension upgrade. So all in all another $3000 dollars in accessories and upgrades.

If anyone plans to ride two up, the Spyders are a much better choice. Much more comfortable for the passenger, they have longer range, and much more storage capacity. I dont ride two up, wife is just not into it. I do use the Ryker for me time and enjoy long distance rides, and sometimes I even take it on fishing trips. I plan on riding it to Robbinsville NC this October for a weeks worth of mountain riding. I usually take a two wheeler on the trip, this will be my first time on a 3 wheeler.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've slowly made changes and upgrades over the first year to get it where I wanted it, I'm still very happy with it. Since these photos were taken, I have added a backrest.

You're so right. Even though they sell a passenger seat and backrests, these machines are not made for two up riding. The salesmen will tell you that they are, but they will say anything to make a sale. The truth is for these machines to be able to ride two up, you would need the Max mount, passenger seat & backrest, and most importantly, a $1700 dollar suspension upgrade. So all in all another $3000 dollars in accessories and upgrades.

If anyone plans to ride two up, the Spyders are a much better choice. Much more comfortable for the passenger, they have longer range, and much more storage capacity. I dont ride two up, wife is just not into it. I do use the Ryker for me time and enjoy long distance rides, and sometimes I even take it on fishing trips. I plan on riding it to Robbinsville NC this October for a weeks worth of mountain riding. I usually take a two wheeler on the trip, this will be my fist time on a 3 wheeler.

I would like to see ya’ll show up here in the Texas hill country on that fella.

We ride with a couple of Spyder's and they ALL love their machines...( infact were meeting in an hour for another ride 2 eat adventure) I'm on my Goldwind Roadsmith

Ronnie

Hi Jeff! Welcome to TrikeTalk!

I have seen you over on Spyderlovers. I am pooch over there.

I gave up my coveted Gold Wing trike for a 2021 Spyder RTL .. marsala red/black. Really liking it.

Member activity here is not real heavy for the Can-Am products but its enough to keep me checking back in… hope you do too…. Wishing you miles of smiles..
smile.gif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png