Frankenstein Trike Kit.

stallion 1952

BANNED
Reaction score
Hello: New member here. Got a couple of question I'm hoping can get answered here. I have an 04 Road King. Due to a couple of back surgeries that left my right leg pretty weak I am no longer comfortable riding my scoot. So I am considering putting a Frankenstein trike kit on it. My questions are these. I have a set of 8 inch Corvette wheels that have a bolt pattern of 4.75. Since the kit axels are 4.5 I wouldn't be able to use them unless I put wheel adapters on there. How wise is this? Has anyone used wheel adapters. What has been your experience? I've used them in the past on cars without any problems. My second question is how crucial is it to change the triple tree. I've read some posts that say it's not necessary and some that say it is. Confusing. Hope to hear from you brothers and sisters. Thank you for your time and RIDE SAFE. Charles

Same reasons I got trike.

you would probably be ok with the wheel adapters, especially if you drive the speed limit 100% of the time.

The added offset might not fit inside the fenders, and really

since the kit comes with wheels and wheel options, why bother?

I can say 100 percent you need the rake kit, the shop here, won’t even install unless the whole kit is purchased.

I have had my Frankenstein only a week, put 400 miles on it, trikes need that added rake to be stable, there is a certain amount of headshake at low speed, with a trike.

think of it this way, a high dollar camera is on a tripod, and instead of the three legs ( three wheels) being spread out wide and even, the front leg is in, kind of straight up and down. That camera is not very secure up there even though it as 3 points of contact.

Paintslinger16: Good Morning and thank you for your reply: As far as the offset on the adapters if I was to run them I would get the 1 inch adapters. My thoughts were if I can save a couple of hundred bucks why not run the wheels I already have. I do not plan on running fenders. As far as the rake kit goes that's really going to throw me for a curve as far as finances go. I mean that's another grand. Anyway just another thing to think about. Thanks again for the info. I truly appreciate your time. You have a great 4th.

Paintslinger16: Good Morning and thank you for your reply: As far as the offset on the adapters if I was to run them I would get the 1 inch adapters. My thoughts were if I can save a couple of hundred bucks why not run the wheels I already have. I do not plan on running fenders. As far as the rake kit goes that's really going to throw me for a curve as far as finances go. I mean that's another grand. Anyway just another thing to think about. Thanks again for the info. I truly appreciate your time. You have a great 4th.

You can run with no rake kit , it steers a little harder, save your money get one later. I have run wheel adapters with no problems what so ever on trike's ,truck's & Car's . Your buying wheel spacer's for a car that weigh's 3-4 time's what the trike weigh's . No Problem

You can run with no rake kit , it steers a little harder, save your money get one later. I have run wheel adapters with no problems what so ever on trike's ,truck's & Car's . Your buying wheel spacer's for a car that weigh's 3-4 time's what the trike weigh's . No Problem

You can run on rims with no tires, why would you want to? It’s raked for a reason, stability

Trike:

ROAD DOG: Good Morning. Thank you for your reply. Well like I said in my post I have run adapters on my cars in the past without any problems. As far as the rake kit goes I think what I will do is install the rear end and run it for a few miles to see how it feels. If I feel it's too awkward I'll go ahead and get one, if not like you said I'll save some money and get it later.

Trike:

You can run on rims with no tires, why would you want to? It’s raked for a reason, stability

You can't really compare running rims with no tires to not raking a trike. I do have a brochure from Frankenstein trikes and it doesn't say you should or not rake the front end. What it does say is steering will get heavier without the rake and more effort is required to steer. So I don't know I'll have to do some more research.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png