2014 Tri Glide rear brakes, HELP !!

Welcome to Trike talk and your first post

The first thing to do is put some slack in the E brake

Next step, remove rear master cover on reservoir, remove some fluid ( as you push the rear pistons in the fluid in the reservoir will rise Next, slowly ( using a C clamp ) push the piston in until it seats ( be careful to not push any further)

Now you can install the pads and reassemble caliper( I like to bleed each wheel as I go along)

Do the same for the other caliper

Once you are done, slowly pump the pistons out and rebleed the system

The last step is to readjust the parking brake

Rear brakes 2014 Tri Glide

Jack, thanks for your reply on my question, we have Ebrake fully disengaged, but piston will NOT move, no matter how hard we compress C clamp. I know on older models (only ones I could find on "YouTube" , you had to remove a bracket from the Ebrake.......your saying the piston should just slide back into the cylinder pretty much the same as a cars front brakes?

Jack, thanks for your reply on my question, we have Ebrake fully disengaged, but piston will NOT move, no matter how hard we compress C clamp. I know on older models (only ones I could find on "YouTube" , you had to remove a bracket from the Ebrake.......your saying the piston should just slide back into the cylinder pretty much the same as a cars front brakes?

Yes, surprising, the pistons do not move much, try opening the bleeder valve a touch, this will force the fluid out as the piston compresses

Your brake caliper and pads should look like this

HD14FLHTCUTG031.gif

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png