Old Navy guy in hot pursuit of a trike...

Trying out this informative trike forum. Last time I rode a (two-wheel) bike was during the Navy days - decades ago. Wife with BAD wrist (as in - can't work a clutch lever), likes the comfort/passenger safety of a trike for road trips (yeah "safety" is a relative, but not entirely undesirable thing), also likes the tow-ability of a ~1,200 pound trike.

The Internet is full of jabs like "trikes are uncool big mobility scooters for old guys (and gals)." These jabs do NOT get under/through our thick skin ;) however.

Knowing your limits is always good ThumbUp. At this point in our lives, picking up (solo) a dropped ~900 pound dressed-out cruiser - isn't exactly our idea of fun... Aware bikers understand that many older riders have disabilities and health issues, particularly in the later years. These issues preclude safe, two-wheel operation - so pragmatically - a trike, while NOT a two wheeler, makes a lot of sense.

And today's trikes run the gamut from V-8 auto Boss Hoss', to Gold Wings, to TriGlides, to Indians, and also a bunch of one-off customs.

So just like all branches of the US military have their role, on the USA's DoD Team, trikes of all types have their place in any garage or club.

So hopefully, aware two-wheel bikers will share a brotherly three-finger wave to trikes, as trike riders share two finger waves with them... keeping two/three wheels down is a good thing. ThumbUp

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome

A most hearty WELCOME to you from a fellow Navy RM2, glad to have you on-board!

Been on motors for 50+ years , last 12 includes trikes, both Wife /I have one.

NO stigmas here…..enjoy the RIDE.

:Coffee:

Trying out this informative trike forum. Last time I rode a (two-wheel) bike was during the Navy days - decades ago. Wife with BAD wrist (as in - can't work a clutch lever), likes the comfort/passenger safety of a trike for road trips (yeah "safety" is a relative, but not entirely undesirable thing), also likes the tow-ability of a ~1,200 pound trike.

The Internet is full of jabs like "trikes are uncool big mobility scooters for old guys (and gals)." These jabs do NOT get under/through our thick skin ;) however.

Knowing your limits is always good ThumbUp. At this point in our lives, picking up (solo) a dropped ~900 pound dressed-out cruiser - isn't exactly our idea of fun... Aware bikers understand that many older riders have disabilities and health issues, particularly in the later years. These issues preclude safe, two-wheel operation - so pragmatically - a trike, while NOT a two wheeler, makes a lot of sense.

And today's trikes run the gamut from V-8 auto Boss Hoss', to Gold Wings, to TriGlides, to Indians, and also a bunch of one-off customs.

So just like all branches of the US military have their role, on the USA's DoD Team, trikes of all types have their place in any garage or club.

So hopefully, aware two-wheel bikers will share a brotherly three-finger wave to trikes, as trike riders share two finger waves with them... keeping two/three wheels down is a good thing. ThumbUp

We all one day get there, that age thing. Welcome aboard from Texas friend. [SUB] texas.png[/SUB]

Hi Dennis…and I too thank you for your service, Sir!

Welcome to TrikeTalk and the world of three!

I would like to suggest that you might strive to purchase a trike kit whose manufacturer is still in business.

Oftentimes I see posts out here from a first-time trike owner who purchased a trike not knowing anything about it except they liked it and it was within their budget..only soon to find it needs this or that part but none available as the kit is no longer made.

Just saying… do your research before you buy….ask questions out here…

As LadyonaMission said… ride all the different trikes you can and have FUN!

Welcome to TT, Dennis. I think you will find a wealth of information on this forum. Many knowledgeable and helpful people here. Don't be shy about asking questions, no matter how basic they may seem..... Jim

Welcome to the forum from Texas! As suggested above, ride several and do your research before you buy. Ask questions here and you will receive a honest and great answers. No question is to small to ask. We all have been there in buying our first trike!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png