My new Tricycle

stratmarshall

Reaction score
I traded for a black 2021 Tri-glide at the of June. I had the right muffler come loose and slide back. Took it in for service and the dealer fixed it up. Took it on a week long trip to the Black Hills last week. (2352 miles) The trike ran great even in 102* heat and heavy rain. I got a rock chip on the right fender within the first 500 miles so I put the Harley Fender bras on Before I left. Took them off to wash the trike today and they left a imprint of the outside seams on the fenders. Polish wont remove the imprint. Gonna have to get some rubbing compound and try and remove it. Other than that had a great ride. Great riding in the black hills.

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_073812763_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_073812763_HDR.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 506
  • IMG_20210818_074927349_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210818_074927349_HDR.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 482
I traded for a black 2021 Tri-glide at the of June. I had the right muffler come loose and slide back. Took it in for service and the dealer fixed it up. Took it on a week long trip to the Black Hills last week. (2352 miles) The trike ran great even in 102* heat and heavy rain. I got a rock chip on the right fender within the first 500 miles so I put the Harley Fender bras on Before I left. Took them off to wash the trike today and they left a imprint of the outside seams on the fenders. Polish wont remove the imprint. Gonna have to get some rubbing compound and try and remove it. Other than that had a great ride. Great riding in the black hills.

Rick.. Welcome to Trike Talk👍👍..

Congrats on your new to you Tri Glide. Wishing you many miles of smiles on it!

Kevin

Welcome to trike talk, enjoy the ride. Just curious if you put the clear film down on fenders before you put the covers on. I know around here the dealers said to put clear film down to help protect the fender when putting on the cover, just a thought

All for now Trampas

The reason you got the mark is because you left wet bras on the fender. It is critical to remove and dry bras before reattaching.

Rick.. Welcome to Trike Talk.........from North Ga. ..:wave4:

Congrats! Enjoy it! Be Safe BK

The reason you got the mark is because you left wet bras on the fender. It is critical to remove and dry bras before reattaching.

Yea we got caught in heavy rain friday. I did not realize I needed to remove them and let them dry. I hope I can buff out the marks out.

Jack I did put the little paint protector squares under the plastic clips. I kinda like the way they looked and they did protect the fenders from anymore rock chips but the marks are a bit troubling. Seems like a bunch of trouble if you need to remove them every time they get wet.

Thanks for all the positive comments, The 114 has plenty of power. I believe I can ride this into my sunset years. However long that is.

Don't know what I'm gonna use to try and remove the marks. Live and learn I guess.

If you have a local body shop , ask them to try to sand the fenders with 1500 grit da paper , go up to 3000 then 5000 then 8000grit then buff them with a 3 stage compound , they should clean up ? or take them off & have them reclear coated . Harley has pretty good paint & clear coat , They all most got one thing wright .

Nice Choice

Nice bike! I alway wanted to go to the Black Hills. Maybe someday. You put a few miles on it right away. You will enjoy it in your twilight years. Way to Go!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png