2021 Tri Glide Ultra Hi Beam Headlight

Purchased our 2021 TG Ultra latter part of April 2021--(now have over 6K miles). Didn't have an occasion for riding at night until attending Surgis 2021. Was I surprised!! Low beam with fog lights great--looking 20' ahead. Flipped on high beam, and had this single, yellowish light, narrow out about 40'--if that. Dangerous! Pitch black night on unfamiliar roads--scary.

According to owners manual for trike models, it shows how to aim. Everything being perfect--riders, gas tank full, shocks adjusted, 25' from a marked off wall, etc. (not what you would expect with changing loads as you ride down the highway). By my novice attempt, seems to be adjusted okay. Dealer states had no other complaints.

Although the trike manual shows a single LED & a dual LED headlight, obviously (not stated) the dual HL is for a different trike model. Not my FLHTCUTG.

Anyone else with same TriGlide have this issue? Comments appreciated.

I've attached three photos (if I did it right), one with high beam only, one with low beam and fog lights, one with low beam and no fog lights.

Attachments

• HL HiBeam.jpg
    HL HiBeam.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 81
  • HL Low & Fog.jpg
    HL Low & Fog.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 84
  • HL Low & No Fog.jpg
    HL Low & No Fog.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 76
Purchased our 2021 TG Ultra latter part of April 2021--(now have over 6K miles). Didn't have an occasion for riding at night until attending Surgis 2021. Was I surprised!! Low beam with fog lights great--looking 20' ahead. Flipped on high beam, and had this single, yellowish light, narrow out about 40'--if that. Dangerous! Pitch black night on unfamiliar roads--scary.

According to owners manual for trike models, it shows how to aim. Everything being perfect--riders, gas tank full, shocks adjusted, 25' from a marked off wall, etc. (not what you would expect with changing loads as you ride down the highway). By my novice attempt, seems to be adjusted okay. Dealer states had no other complaints.

Although the trike manual shows a single LED & a dual LED headlight, obviously (not stated) the dual HL is for a different trike model. Not my FLHTCUTG.

Anyone else with same TriGlide have this issue? Comments appreciated.

I've attached three photos (if I did it right), one with high beam only, one with low beam and fog lights, one with low beam and no fog lights.

Your dealer can reprogram the lights so even when the hi-beams are on the running /fog lights will stay on....My guy reprogramed mine Gratis....

My passing lights stay on all the time on my TG. The stock Harley light does suck. When I got moved to night shift, I realized coming home from work just how bad it really is. I changed my headlight and passing lights to the Hogworkz Halo daymakers and it made a world of difference. I even light up tree lines during the day now and I can drive any road with just my low beams and passing lamps at night. I get flashed if I have the high beams on.

Edit: they stay on unless I turn them off.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png