Ruger Security Six 357

About 15 years ago I ran across this unfired NIB 2-3/4" Security Six, they've been out of production for about 35 years now. A few months later I found this 40 year old original Tyler T grip still new in the box for sale on Ebay made by Melvin T himself. Put them on the gun and completed the package. I have the 4" and the 6" version, with the 4" being my favorite since I use it as my field and woods gun. The 2-3/4" is still unfired. Its one of two guns in my collection that I haven't shot. The other is this Smith & Wesson 38 3rd model Double Action made in 1886. Its been in the family most of its life and was given to me by my Dad a few years before he passed away.

The Security Six 4" was my duty weapon in 1974. Shoot real real nice. Now we all carry semi's.

Heck I carry in the weapon now almost as much ammo as I carried in the weapon and on the belt in 1974. 6 in the weapon and 2 speed loaders. Now I carry 14 in the weapon and 28 more on my belt. Could be 42 more in I switch to a 3 mag pouch from the 2 mag.

The Security Six 4" was my duty weapon in 1974. Shoot real real nice. Now we all carry semi's.

Heck I carry in the weapon now almost as much ammo as I carried in the weapon and on the belt in 1974. 6 in the weapon and 2 speed loaders. Now I carry 14 in the weapon and 28 more on my belt. Could be 42 more in I switch to a 3 mag pouch from the 2 mag.

I agree. Semi auto's are much more efficient, higher capacity, more firepower and have much less escaping gasses compared to revolvers. In todays world, Law enforcement definitely needs the firepower and efficiency of semi auto's and should never be outgunned by the thugs. My collection of handguns are about 50/50 revolvers and semi autos, and I do appreciate both as the tools that they are.

But there's something to be said about the beauty, timeless design and mechanics of revolvers, I view them almost as mechanical art. They just feel & look good to me, and I enjoy shooting revolvers at the range much more than I do my semi autos. Its obviously slower paced and I dont chew up the ammo at anywhere near the amount that my semi autos do. I'm also old school, and I appreciate the primitive but reliable mechanics of a good revolver.

If I ever found myself having to defend myself from a heavily armed gang of thugs, or the Taliban, then my Ruger SR9 with a mag capacity of 17 plus one would be the choice over any revolver. But honestly with my lifestyle, I most likely would never find myself in that situation.

Love Semis and revolvers

Hunting=Revolver. Protection or gunfights=Semiautomatic. My daily carry is a SigSaur P220 45 ACP. I shoot it well and have been to Gunsite many a time. Holster to headshot .4 seconds when I was practiced up. Now probably 1.5 seconds.

Revolvers are just more accurate it seems. At least for me. This is not a challenge or an item that was to initiate debate. Just a comment.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png