2019 CSC trike and my suspension upgrade project (Traxxion front shock)

Sep 30, 2019
Eaton, Ohio, USA
2019 CSC trike and my suspension upgrade project (Traxxion front shock)

Being a mechanic my whole life and even doing a stint with a Honda dealer years ago I knew doing my own work would be no issue. After a vacation ride out to St Louis on the the 19 trike I decided the front suspension was clearly not up to the task, at least on a trike.

With more weight and a longer wheelbase adding leverage to the already weak front end my trike was bottoming out quite often with a few times jarring teeth loose. I decided the the Traxxion front shock was the needed option. I ordered one for a trike with the stiffer preload on the spring for our weights. Took a few measurements with the most important being the "chin" under the motor to the ground (static) mine was 4 inches!

Shock in hand now I tore into the bike following some of Traxxion's videos and my service manual I got the shock replaced with no issues. I also added their dash GPS mount (factory GPS sucks) for my Garmin Zumo XT.

The important part: The ride... Worth every penny I spent! Static height is now 5 1/4 inches and the ride is AWESOME! Put almost 700 miles on it this weekend and it did not bottom out one time even on some harsh bumps. If your on the fence, jump, just do it you wont be sorry! I even found damage to my factory shock rubber damper, see pic below. My trike at the time of this upgrade only has 6300 miles on it. I doubt the factory shock would last 15k miles on a trike.

Pointers... measure and mark each length of screw and where it came from! Honda changes length on screws frequently and youll spend hours on the net looking at parts catalogs matching up lengths,...trust me.

Needed tools you might not have,... 8mm allen socket, 14mm allen socket.

When in doubt, photograph it!

Attachments

• Wing tear down 1.jpg
    Wing tear down 1.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 73
  • wing tear down 2.jpg
    wing tear down 2.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Wing shock.jpg
    Wing shock.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 68

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png