Cruise Control

Greg336

Sep 19, 2017
Clinton Township Michigan usa
Hi, My cruise control stopped working. I have been reading some of the other posting and hearing about doing a self testing. Right now I don't get anything including no light on the dash. Can someone tell me more about the self testing and how it's preformed? I went to my local For dealer, they told me they don't want to touch it but if I give a $100 deposit I can borrow something called a Fastco Speed Control Fast Checker. Do I need this to do the self test? Thanks in advanced for any help on this matter.

I have had a couple of different things go wrong with mine. The switches on the steering wheel went bad, there not made to be out in the weather, and the cruise control module on the engine went bad. It also got stuck once and I was able to free it up. I would do the self check and check the fuse. I got the switches off ebay and a module from the junk yard. Rick

Good morning

I have had problems with my cruise also. do you have brake lights, quick check for buttons follow ford instructions hold down certain buttons turn on accessory power then push other buttons in certain order. light should come on and blink if you have power, I ended up replacing the buttons first, this did not solve my problem. my cruise light would not come on either. I had to replace my clock spring and this solved my problems, does horn work. good luck

Dragon

I have had a couple of different things go wrong with mine. The switches on the steering wheel went bad, there not made to be out in the weather, and the cruise control module on the engine went bad. It also got stuck once and I was able to free it up. I would do the self check and check the fuse. I got the switches off ebay and a module from the junk yard. Rick

Hi Rick,

How did you free up the module the first time and when you went to the junk yard did you ask for a cruise control module for a 2007 Ford Ranger? I checked all of the fuses under the seat and they are all good, is the fuse for the cruise under the air cleaner? You said you got the switches from Ebay, can I ask what you searched for on Ebay in regards to the switches? Can you tell me in the exact form how to do a self check?

Thanks for your time,

Greg

Good morning

I have had problems with my cruise also. do you have brake lights, quick check for buttons follow ford instructions hold down certain buttons turn on accessory power then push other buttons in certain order. light should come on and blink if you have power, I ended up replacing the buttons first, this did not solve my problem. my cruise light would not come on either. I had to replace my clock spring and this solved my problems, does horn work. good luck

Dragon

Hi Dragon,

Yes I have brake lights, Yes my horn works. I found out last year that I had to have my mechanic put a spring under the stallion to give added tension for the brake pedal to return all the way. If my brake lights were staying on the cruise wouldn't work. Can you explain the self test a little further? which buttons do I hold down and then turn on the accessory power and then push which buttons after that, do I need to still continue to hold the first buttons I held as I turned it on. what light should come on if I have power? I don't think my cruise light ever came on even when it is working properly, I don't remember ever seeing it.

Thanks for your time,

Greg

Hi Greg

you will have to look it up, old cant remember but it will check the system activate cables. another question did you have any noise in the steering wheel when you turn it. krinkling

Dragon

Hi Greg

you will have to look it up, old cant remember but it will check the system activate cables. another question did you have any noise in the steering wheel when you turn it. krinkling

Dragon

Steering wheel is fine, no problems. Can you tell me what to google for the Ford system check?

Greg

Hi Rick,

How did you free up the module the first time and when you went to the junk yard did you ask for a cruise control module for a 2007 Ford Ranger? I checked all of the fuses under the seat and they are all good, is the fuse for the cruise under the air cleaner? You said you got the switches from Ebay, can I ask what you searched for on Ebay in regards to the switches? Can you tell me in the exact form how to do a self check?

Thanks for your time,

Greg

You can twist the top off the module where the cable is attached and see if the inside is stuck. The module fits a lot of different Ford vehicles. Just ask the junk yard for a cruise control module for a 2007 Ranger and they'll come up with one. Be sure to ask them if you can take it apart to check the inside as I got one once that the inside was rusty. As for the switches on the steering wheel, just do a search on eBay for cruise control switches for a Ford Ranger. Rick

You can twist the top off the module where the cable is attached and see if the inside is stuck. The module fits a lot of different Ford vehicles. Just ask the junk yard for a cruise control module for a 2007 Ranger and they'll come up with one. Be sure to ask them if you can take it apart to check the inside as I got one once that the inside was rusty. As for the switches on the steering wheel, just do a search on eBay for cruise control switches for a Ford Ranger. Rick

Thank you for all of your help.

Greg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png