ID this sidecar

Hi Robert, It looks like an American Eagle Spirit. I had one on a 1978 Honda 750. With the stock frame and wheel it was very light. Too light really for the Honda but I didn't know any better so I rode it and had fun.

I think you are correct Mid 70's when California sidecar bought Spirit of America sidecar company they made some changes. One was the Companion model. It was the eagle but they made changes The seam was gone and the fender was molded to the body latter like the Eagle was. It seams the Eagle had a Coil over suspension and the Companion had the Torsion arm.

I wish the picture I had showed the back and side so I could see then Suspension and rear of the fender..

I am thinking it is a post CA take over .It is n a 1982 Tour glide.

I am listening if anyone finds more leads.

Check out Florida Sidecar Products. They bought all the inventory from California Sidecars (cSc) in 2018 when cSc got out of the sidecar business. cSc now only concentrates on trike conversion kits. Your picture looks like one of the cSc "Eagle" models. Perhaps the same as mentioned above...... Jim

I thank you all.

Would put money on it. It is a 1975 to 1980's Model California Sidecar from the Sidecar of America buy out. It is the model CA sidecar came up with based on SOA Eagle. Called a Companion.

We can date it to post 1975 by the molded fender.. A throw back to the Eagle.

The sidecar sold for $1,500 in 1980 new. It would have been a bit light for a bike that size. In 1990 they updated the sidecar for larger Harley's In 1994 production ended.

This what the final version of the sidecar looked like. 1994 GT Companion.

1994 GT.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png