Made in ^%$##!

H-D changed to metric long ago. They had to to compete in the global market. Had to change a tire on my Cub Cadet 0 turn mower the other day. To my suprise, the axle nut is SAE ! :laugh: Had to go back in the house for my other socket set.

H-D changed to metric long ago. They had to to compete in the global market. Had to change a tire on my Cub Cadet 0 turn mower the other day. To my suprise, the axle nut is SAE ! :laugh: Had to go back in the house for my other socket set.

Like when they ship Tri-Glides to England...The bars have to be right hand drive...:D..

;);)......

Very few Craftsman tools are made in America. I have had to go to vintage tool sites on ebay to find Craftsman wrenches stamped Made in USA. Sometimes the seller will claim they are Made in America when the picture clearly shows made in china. Vendors are not always bright.

Very few Craftsman tools are made in America. I have had to go to vintage tool sites on ebay to find Craftsman wrenches stamped Made in USA. Sometimes the seller will claim they are Made in America when the picture clearly shows made in china. Vendors are not always bright.

It all started years ago.....Average Joe would look at a 15 dollar tool made in the US next to the same tool made in china thats 10 dollars and say they look the same to me i'll save 5 dollars so i'll buy the 10 dollar tool....And thats how it started....

I only bought the best tools for my business no matter where they were made or price...Ie Swiss files and saw blades, Drills from West Germany...Gravers made in Lower Manhattan 'Jobber drills from US Standard....And Craftsman USA Tools from Sears...

There isn't to many people that care about quality...That is till the cheap Chinese part brakes and then complain that the company that sold them the part is cheapening out by using cheap Chinese parts....

I have some Craftsman deep impact sockets made in Brazil

Most are replacements from my original ( made in America set) that got broken over the years

Check your purchases closely before you buy, many tools even Mac and Matco are made over seas

Shifters on the right , clutch is on the right …throttle on the left … oh sooo confusing ..

Back in the late 60's my buddy had a triumph Motorcycle [2 cycle]....Yep very confusing, And when we had work on it , SAE' And Metric did not fit, It needed Whitworth..[BSW].:gah:..

Americans should not complain about items being made overseas. It's our fault, we demanded cheaper prices and with union wages running wild, the only way you could get cheaper prices was overseas.

I think most Americans don't give a damn about where things are being made.

I remember when Walmart started. Their mantra was "We will only sell goods made in America" - - - look at it now. :(

Now today = WE CAN'T GET ANYTHING FROM OVERSEAS due to the supply chain problem. Things I've ordered for X-Mas won't be here in time. FUBAR!!!!!

I'm sure Sam would have something to say if he were alive. Once his kids took over, it was downhill from there. The smaller stores were much nicer to shop in.

I'm sure Sam would have something to say if he were alive. Once his kids took over, it was downhill from there. The smaller stores were much nicer to shop in.

Yeah Right.......They took a billon dollar company and made it into for better or worst a 100 billon dollar company.....They the kids are just given the people what they want..

I had a good friend that bought a Harley and he used to brag that his Harley was made in America.... and he used to rag on me, cause at the time I road a Suzuki (Jap bike/he used to call it)

I went to visit him, and help him work on his bike everytime, it needed wrenching... (seem'd like every other day)

I was using a wrench, to loosen up a bolt, when I noticed it was a 12 mm size (metric size) .............I busted out laughing, I said I thought that you had an American bike, then why am I using metric wrenches............From that day on, he never ragged on me again.......for riding a Jap bike....Soooooooooooooooo the moral of this story is that Harley is NOT ALL AMERCIAN MADE..

Ronnie

Over the years I have switched between "jap" bikes and Harleys, usually had Yamahas. I kept all my metrics out but then when switching back to a Harley I put those away and pulled my other sets out. I never had metric bolts/nuts on any of my Harleys that I can remember.

Over the years I have switched between "jap" bikes and Harleys, usually had Yamahas. I kept all my metrics out but then when switching back to a Harley I put those away and pulled my other sets out. I never had metric bolts/nuts on any of my Harleys that I can remember.

Yes, mostly the case here too.

On your Harley, the battery terminals bolts are 10mm

The lug nuts are 19mm (but 3/4 will work).

BMW "NOT" made in Germany

Before my TriGlide I owned two BMWs. Although the motors are "assembled" in Germany, if you turn over almost any other part is says made in Spain, Czechoslovakia or any number of other countries.

Are Urals still made in Russia?

This why I not ONLY buy American stocks BUT I also buy international stocks for my stock portfolio(s) ......... :dancingjesus:

I want to retire rich.............

Ronnie

11/15/21

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png