Sticky Throttle

ultrafxr

1250+ Posts
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2017
Lakeland, TN
So I'm on the road on the way home from a week long trek. Misting rain a bit the last few miles. I pull in to the hotel and then have to move the bike and when I release the right hand grip the motor stays revved up. Throttle did not snap back. Shut it off and rolled the throttle. It does snap back but not all the way. So what's up? Need a new twist grip sensor or is something binding due to the moisture? This is on my 2020 Tri-Glide. TIA for any advice.

So I'm on the road on the way home from a week long trek. Misting rain a bit the last few miles. I pull in to the hotel and then have to move the bike and when I release the right hand grip the motor stays revved up. Throttle did not snap back. Shut it off and rolled the throttle. It does snap back but not all the way. So what's up? Need a new twist grip sensor or is something binding due to the moisture? This is on my 2020 Tri-Glide. TIA for any advice.

My 19 did that once or twice when i stoped at a red traffic light ....I just pulled lightly on the grip like i was trying to remove it....That stoped the binding..:Shrug:..

You should have a bit of in and out travel @ the grip, pull out on the grip if ot moves out a bit that is not the problem

Where the wires attach to the throttle body sensor can cause a problem sometimes, you can unplug the connector, clean the internal pins with some contact cleaner, reassemble with some ( sparingly) dielectric grease

If that does not clear up your problem you may have to replace the unit @ the handlebars, I bet it is on backorder due to supply chain madness

Good luck;)

Have you changed the stock grips?

If so, loosen the mounting bolts and make sure you have a bit of end play @ the grip.

Retighten the hardware and try the throttle, it should snap back

Have you changed the stock grips?

If so, loosen the mounting bolts and make sure you have a bit of end play @ the grip.

Retighten the hardware and try the throttle, it should snap back

Yeah I put heated grips on last month. But I've ridden it over 2.5k with no problem until now. Will try loosening the mounting bolts as you suggest. Think I recall hearing about this issue a while back and necessitated changing the TGS. Not a huge problem as I can roll off the throttle when I need to.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png