Head Shake

kj5ix

Tech Guru
Reaction score
jmhelm: you mentioned that you have a Head Shake,, What speed are we talking about here. On the Yamaha I have seen that an older tire or one with ware before Triking will cause some of the head shake, but the biggest culprit is normally the triple tree not torqued right. Without the torque tool they are hard to get just right.

havent done anything with the stock trees yet. bike only has 8100 miles on it when i picked it up last spring. shake is at 20-35 miles per hour here in town. going to order the 6 deg. raked trees real short like here. then will go from there. I may try tightening up the stock trees for now. didn"t know i would need a special tool.

I don't recall the nuts on that particular bike, but if it is slotted this is what will make it easer to set over using a hammer and punch.

combined.jpg

If you are interested in the torque tool I can give you the email to the guy that makes them for 22 or 24 bucks. Beats what Yamaha wants for it....

I need to replace the tree on my Roadstar, and replace it with the 6 1/2 deg one..I live in Casper Wy, does any one know where I can get it done, some place close..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png