Hard steering.

Clevelandpat

Reaction score
I'm sure you all have been asked this I just returned from Lonestar rally on my 2001 Road King converted to trike. Great rally..had a great time. The ride on this great..I truly like it. The steering is stiff as @#$%! And of course the wobble isn't fun either. Please tell me more on this Zook easy strategy? What dampener is best? Thanks to all.

I'm sure you all have been asked this I just returned from Lonestar rally on my 2001 Road King converted to trike. Great rally..had a great time. The ride on this great..I truly like it. The steering is stiff as @#$%! And of course the wobble isn't fun either. Please tell me more on this Zook easy strategy? What dampener is best? Thanks to all.

First thing I would check is the steering head bearing it should be tighten down more than the two wheeler and then go from there…

Patrick, I would suggest you get a hold of Randy ( owner of the Forum and Cut N Shoot Customs)

He is a straight shooter on the EZ Steer and has been building custom Trikes for a long time

http://www.cutnshootcustoms.com/

Agreed Patrick! That is whom you should turn to. Randy will "steer" you in the right direction.

The answer is his Rake Kit. He did mine this summer on our way West. Does away with the damper. Steers great after install. I rode down to his shop from Ohio, surely you can make it from Cleveland ,Tx lolol. :laugh: Best improvement for me..

Cutnshoot

I did contact Randy and he's going to contact me today. Was traveling. He states he has a fix for it. Another small issue I forgot to ask it this kit I installed takes a different style side cover or battery covers. I am told a street glide or Roadglide panel fits right on it. Anyone have any Advise? Thanks!

The answer is his Rake Kit. He did mine this summer on our way West. Does away with the damper. Steers great after install.

”Great” relative to trike steering in general, right? It’s still a bear to arm wrestle on the twisties, yes? (The added rake doesn’t ease steering force requirements, does it?)

”Great” relative to trike steering in general, right? It’s still a bear to arm wrestle on the twisties, yes? (The added rake doesn’t ease steering force requirements, does it?)

Steers so much easier even on the twisties. MAJOR difference. Wish I had it from day of purchase on the new trike.

Steers so much easier even on the twisties. MAJOR difference.

I’ve heard rake mods ranging from 3-7 degrees; what do you recommend? (What do you reckon your pre and post mod rake angle to be?). I suppose ground clearance must have reduced, presuming the same forks are used- is that the case?

I’ve heard rake mods ranging from 3-7 degrees; what do you recommend? (What do you reckon your pre and post mod rake angle to be?). I suppose ground clearance must have reduced, presuming the same forks are used- is that the case?

Ground seems the same. Steering 100% better. Go over to Randy's shop North side of Houston & talk to him. I forget the degree it is now. Stock forks are used. I rode down from Ohio & had Randy install for me. Then we started our 5k trip from there. Going down after 250-300 miles, shoulder was killing me (had surgery on it in Nov of 20) .We left on trip after Randy did the install & were running 350-400 a day & still fell good. No more shoulder discomfort. We ride all US & state routes so it takes us a bit longer to cover the miles. i was glad I had Randy do the install Took it in one morning & had it back later the same day.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png