Papa Zook's Rake with 2+2 Bars

FirstTrike

50+ Posts
Feb 4, 2021
Newland, NC USA
Just had Papa Zook's rake kit installed on 2021 tri-glide. Why would Harley not do this from factory is crazy. Steering is so much better, but reaching the bars is still not the best. Does anyone have the rake kit and the Krome Werks 2+2 narrow bars installed? If so, how is it with both?

Thanks

Just had Papa Zook's rake kit installed on 2021 tri-glide. Why would Harley not do this from factory is crazy. Steering is so much better, but reaching the bars is still not the best. Does anyone have the rake kit and the Krome Werks 2+2 narrow bars installed? If so, how is it with both?

Thanks

I have the kit & HD pull-back bars. Work very well. Those bars are always installed on every new bike I have bought since 2003 before they ever deliver the new bike.

try this. they changed the name about 3 times. Will try to find build sheet tomorrow.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/shop/Batwing-Reach-Handlebar/p/55800589

I have those bars on my Tri, but without the rake kit. They seem to have my hands slightly higher and further back. It would appear that my hands are further from the pivot point giving slightly more leverage and making the turning a small bit easier. The best thing is that I now sit upright with my elbows bent, rather that leaning slightly forward with locked elbows. My old and severely f'd up shoulders appreciate that very much.....

YMMV

Lon

I have those bars on my Tri, but without the rake kit. They seem to have my hands slightly higher and further back. It would appear that my hands are further from the pivot point giving slightly more leverage and making the turning a small bit easier. The best thing is that I now sit upright with my elbows bent, rather that leaning slightly forward with locked elbows. My old and severely f'd up shoulders appreciate that very much.....

YMMV

Lon

The rake kit will make your shoulder even better. I can't tell you how much easier the trike handled . The very 1st day we left Zook's shop, I felt a great deal better at end of day riding.

YMMV

Lon

Thanks for the info.

Supply chain issues are real and very widespread across all industries. Trike conversations have an unbelievably long wait time.

Supply chain issues are real and very widespread across all industries. Trike conversations have an unbelievably long wait time.

Everything is bad. I'm a maintenance supervisor and I have issues for almost 2 years now getting parts and it's getting worse. Having trouble getting common items now. I just changed companies to food instead of health and beauty care because supply issues were causing problems with raw materials. Now supply issues are starting to affect the food industry too as far as ingredients are concerned. There are a lot of industrial tradesmen job hopping and shopping right now just make sure they can keep working. It's sad.

If you do the rake kit and some bars like the KW 2+2 narrow sweepers (assuming you could even get them), are any cable changes necessary? Cable extensions?

I have looked at the measurements multiple times for the KW 2+2 both narrows and normals, and it just doesn't seem like either of them bring the bars back as far as I want. I'm 5'11" but have had 4 back surgeries and have carpal tunnel so trying to find as much comfort as I can to keep riding!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png