Passenger Comfort Question

Deplorable

50+ Posts
Nov 17, 2021
Hereford, AZ USA
I have gotten responses about the ride of the R/T Limited from riders but nothing about passenger comfort. For some reason I am unable to search just the Can Am forum for comments.

My question is how is the R/T for passenger comfort; wind buffeting, seat positioning, etc?

We looked at an R/T Limited yesterday and my wife wasn't really impressed with the passenger area. She has only ridden on a GoldWing so her expectations are pretty high. I told her there were accessories we could add. Unfortunately we weren't able to sit on the trike to get a feel for it.

Any input about passenger comfort and convenience would be appreciated.

A

I have been a passenger on my own 2008 Gold Wing trike as well as my 2021 Spyder RTL.

Actually, for me, the Spyder passenger seat is a lot roomier and better padded than the Gold Wing passenger seat was.

The Spyder seat itself was totally comfortable on a couple of all-day rides chasing trikes through the twisties here in the Texas Hill Country. The passenger floor boards were fine for my leg length. The heated seat and grips worked great also… it was a cool day in both March and April.

As to wind buffeting… if there was any… I didn’t notice it or else it wasn’t enough to complain about.

There are not many Spyder riders here on TrikeTalk but there are forums out there strictly for …. Spyderlovers….:)

The passenger seat is very comfortable according to my wife. She has plenty of room,tho I do have a backrest with pouch and I remove the pouch when she rides to give her more space. The floor boards for her are adjustable seperate from the driver,she has her own heated grips with their own temp control. We dont have arm rests because she doesn't like them, but like the Goldwing,they are add ons. She has her own drink holder also an add on and there is beau coup storage for all her stuff. The 2020+ are a little longer thru the seating area but ours is a 2012 and Cynthia is comfortable and has lots of room. She has never complained about wind buffeting, but with the adjust on the fly windshield I am sure I could find a position that would be comfortable for us both.

Last edited:
I have gotten responses about the ride of the R/T Limited from riders but nothing about passenger comfort. For some reason I am unable to search just the Can Am forum for comments.

My question is how is the R/T for passenger comfort; wind buffeting, seat positioning, etc?

A

I think the problem might be that most pf the posters are riders,not too many passengers post their experiences. Since there are very few complaints we may infer that either the SO's are happy with their accommodations or their riders are insensitive clods, in which case they would probably soon be riding alone. Check out post #3

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png