Whats up with PhotoBucket!!??

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
What the heck is up with PhotoBucket??? They're the worlds largest photo hosting site with 10s of millions of photos...They've been down all day now!! This is starting to make us and a lot of other sites look pretty silly!

What the heck is up with PhotoBucket??? They're the worlds largest photo hosting site with 10s of millions of photos...They've been down all day now!! This is starting to make us and a lot of other sites look pretty silly!

I'm not understandin' why my Photobucket Pics are still showin' up.....I just checked......:Shrug: :popcorn:

Sorry for the inconvenience. We're in the middle of resolving an issue that affects a small percentage of our users. Rest assured your photos are safe, and we're working hard to get it fixed ASAP.

The estimated time to get this completed is approximately the end of today (04/12/11), 11 pm EDT. We apologize sincerely for the error, and we understand the problems this creates.

Thanks for your patience. We'll update with info on our Facebook (Photobucket | Facebook) and Twitter pages (Photobucket (photobucket) on Twitter) as we know more.

Thanks,
The Photobucket Team

Ah, guess I missed the "small percentage of our users" Group.....ThumbUp

A year ago we upgraded to a "Premium" paid account to avoid just this kind of problem. I would have thought that would have made us immune to a crash, but apparently we are among the "small percentage of users" that are still down. :mad:

Zook, I don't think it is the forum that is having the issue. I believe it is the individual accounts that host so many of our pictures. My personal photobucket account is not affected --- note that the TOTM pics are still visible, and they were loaded from my account.

Zook, I don't think it is the forum that is having the issue. I believe it is the individual accounts that host so many of our pictures. My personal photobucket account is not affected --- note that the TOTM pics are still visible, and they were loaded from my account.

Nana,
No its definitely not the forum, its PhotoBucket. Only a small percentage of PhotoBucket users opt for the premium paid accounts, the vast majority just sign up for the free account but it has limited stowrage and slower uploads. The premium account has no limits to the number of photos hosted there and uploads much faster and has more photo editing tools. I'm assuming that these are the accounts that are affected.

Is yours a free account or premium account?

A year ago we upgraded to a "Premium" paid account to avoid just this kind of problem. I would have thought that would have made us immune to a crash, but apparently we are among the "small percentage of users" that are still down. :mad:

Mine is a "Freebie" (still workin')....but talked to two Buddies this afternoon that have the Premium, Paid Account.....Theirs are down...."go figure"...:mad:

They've had crashes before but usually just a hour or two...I dont understand this at all. Their website said they would be back up no later than 11:00 PM last night. Must be server overload.....Pictures us a LOT of bandwidth.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png