Time for new seat?

Reaction score
I know this subject has come up in the past and I apologize for possibly rekindling a seat debate. I have 50k on the Mustang Wide Regal seat on my '17 TG. Started out pretty comfortable. This year I could tolerate about 100 - 150 miles before I wanted to get off. How many miles should a seat last and be comfortable. I am looking to replace it, but not sure I want to go back with the same.

Seat

Steven, I’ve always heard good reviews on the Mustang seats but have never tried one.

I currently have a HD Hammack seat on my trike with 100k miles, while expensive it is still in very good shape/serves me well. Just my opinion, but I DO recommend it.

Trike is 2010 and I put it on approx 2011.

HAPPY RIDING……:Coffee:

I second Mean City Cycles. If one is adventurous you can modify the seat yourself. Plenty of info out there. Maybe they dont make em like they used to. My '76 Super Glide still has the Drag Specialties king and queen I put on there back in '77. Its just as comfortable today. Oh if that seat could talk- not for the ears of anyone under 18.

Mustang seats are top notch, tho they are a bit stiff and do take lots of miles to break in

If yours is no longer comfortable I would also suggest talking wit the folks @ Mean City Cycles about gel

For more info see here,

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Had a Mustang saddle on my '99 Ultra for over 80k miles and loved it. Fast forward from that and I had several CVO Ultras/Limiteds which came wiht the Hammock seat so did not go aftermarket until my 2018 TG. Wife and I got a Hammock loaner from the dealer to try out and just didn't think it was worth the $$ so we went with the Mustang standard touring heated seat - original black, p/n 79646. Rode it 30k on my '18 and now have over 18k on my '20 and it is still great. I bought it in Feb, 2018, for $719 and now it is $1,024.99 - a 42% increase in 2 1/2 years. I'm seeing this kind of price inflation on almost all motorcycle parts and accessories these days.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png