BT -46 Tire Experience

Thanks Don....my cell 770.595.2398..... send a text or call and if I'm close coming south maybe we can get together. Looked up your location.

Doubt you will ever see 20k on trike front tire. But when you do change you would really like the BT46.

Great - just sent you a text so you can save my info. Hope t get a chance to meet you as you head my way. When you plan the route, please let me know.

Thanks for the tip on the tire. We have about 10K in trips this year - so, at season end, we will be around 16K. If it last, we will change then.

Tires

Here's some rear tires that I will pick one when its time. Like the thread patterns.

Verdestein Quatrac 400aa 130.00 range

Riken Raptor ZR 300aa 95.00 range

Toyo Extensa HP 500aa 113.00 range

And a Sport bike rear that looks an interesting option for the front.

Pirelli Sport Demon 140.00 range

trike front tire

Has anyone knowledge of a car type tire that will fit on the front wheel of a trike, preferably a HD. As trike don't lean, a car type tire would last considerably longer that what is provided on all trikes.

Thanks for any info.

Has anyone knowledge of a car type tire that will fit on the front wheel of a trike, preferably a HD. As trike don't lean, a car type tire would last considerably longer that what is provided on all trikes.

Thanks for any info.

I would rather use a rear tire backwards than a car tire.

Thanks for any info.

Not without changing the front suspension.EML/Eurowing uses a car tire and sells their front end.Other than that I know of no front car tire that will fit without doing your own custom set up.

A buddy of mine has a 2010 with a Hannigan conversion. It also has the 180 front end which I believe is a car tire setup. He said it is very difficult to turn with it. Im guessing because it has a wider rubber patch on the ground.

I just recently changed out my front tire from an Avon Trike tire over to a BT46. The Avon had around 13,000 miles on it and had a very flat profile which had become increasingly difficult to turn. This flat profile also created a wider patch of rubber on the pavement. After switching to the BT46, I couldnt believe how easy it was to turn the handlebars back and forth even while it was sitting still.

So my opinion is that although you may get more miles out of a car tire on the front, you will probably sacrifice in ease of turning as it is a bigger footprint on the pavement.

A buddy of mine has a 2010 with a Hannigan conversion. It also has the 180 front end which I believe is a car tire setup. He said it is very difficult to turn with it. Im guessing because it has a wider rubber patch on the ground.

I just recently changed out my front tire from an Avon Trike tire over to a BT46. The Avon had around 13,000 miles on it and had a very flat profile which had become increasingly difficult to turn. This flat profile also created a wider patch of rubber on the pavement. After switching to the BT46, I couldnt believe how easy it was to turn the handlebars back and forth even while it was sitting still.

So my opinion is that although you may get more miles out of a car tire on the front, you will probably sacrifice in ease of turning as it is a bigger footprint on the pavement.

Yep the larger the footprint the harder it will be to steer….On my Triglide 36 PSI is recommended I have it at 30…Steers harder but it rides better over manholes etc…And it won’t wear out the center tread way too fast..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png