Best Front Tire

Aug 13, 2017
Acton,ca.,usa
Hi All

Probably beating this subject to death but, I need to replace the front tire on my '01 GL1800. Has a Champion conversion. Been hearing about the AVon Cobra Chrome Trike tire. My 130/70r-18 only shows this tire available in the V speed rating. I also hear the H rating is better for mileage but, The H doesn't seem to be available in this size. I'm looking for responces on the V or, alternate suggestions. I'll also need to replace the rears soon. Anybody find soft ride rear tires?

Hi All

Probably beating this subject to death but, I need to replace the front tire on my '01 GL1800. Has a Champion conversion. Been hearing about the AVon Cobra Chrome Trike tire. My 130/70r-18 only shows this tire available in the V speed rating. I also hear the H rating is better for mileage but, The H doesn't seem to be available in this size. I'm looking for responces on the V or, alternate suggestions. I'll also need to replace the rears soon. Anybody find soft ride rear tires?

You mention that you want soft ride rear tires. What psi are you running in your rear tires? That will have a big impact on how rough or soft your ride is.

You mention that you want soft ride rear tires. What psi are you running in your rear tires? That will have a big impact on how rough or soft your ride is.

Thanks to the recommendations on this board, I started to ride my rear tires at 22 lbs, and found that it did totally help with my smoothness

Ronnie

1/7/22

Ive got an Avon trike on mine 17,000 and it looks like I can get at least a few more thousand out of her. I love the handling and the ride.

Ive been running the Avon trike tire on the front for 3 or 4 years now. They last long here cause of our long winters with no riding! I like mine . dosesn't seem to want to follow grooves in the road as bad as the orginals on my wing. ...Ken

Avon trike tire for sure. I replaced mine this year and couldn’t find the actual trike tire because of supply problems and used a regular Avon tire with the same dimensions. Definitely can’t tell the difference as far as ride. Not sure about the longevity yet but the ride is awesome.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png