Father in-law

Wayne, sorry for your loss. With regards to your mother in law's situation I would recommend that you quietly seek the help of an attorney as soon as possible. My wife has been a long term care nurse for 23 years and she has seen this scenario play out many times. It can get really crazy and sad very quickly.

We live in an environment very similar to yours (town of 10 - 15,000, county seat, not quite as close to a major population center) there is a concentration of lawyers because of the county seat, and everybody seems to know everybody (small town) environment. You should be able to find a "reputable/reasonable" lawyer that can help you proceed with the legal power of attorney process and help you dealing with the Social Services bureaucrats that will most likely become involved.

Generally, if your Mother-in -law has been diagnosed with dementia she probably cannot legally consent to power of attorney so it gets more complicated. We wish you the best of luck in this and will keep you in our prayers.

Disclaimer: I am not an attorney. I do not have any legal training. I am merely relating what I have experienced and am expressing my personal opinion in this matter.

Last edited:
Mother in law called this morning and wanted to come stay with us till we get him out of there. So we had the police meet us there so there was no trouble. Then went and got power of attorney over everything social worker will be here tomorrow and we will go from there .

Thank you all for the prayers it means a lot to me and for the advice

I really want to thank you all for the comments they are my hopes. I really don't have anyone else I have always been the one someone came to for help or advice.

Thank you all so much for listening to m e clearing my head you don't know how much it means to me

Wayne…I’m glad we can be of some comfort to you..

Just hang in there and if you need someone to talk to we are here and listening….

Stay Strong….

My wife needs prayers her mom is in transition and nurses don't think she will last long Its only been a year and a half since she lost her dad

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png