What the heck?

RareSS

150+ Posts
Sep 27, 2021
Abilene, Texas, USA
Rant:

I am reading about all of these newly bought TriGlides and I am still waiting! I talk to my dealer and said they will get a notice of it being shipped. Not a word! They look it up in their system and it shows my trike as being built with my name on it, but no other info. You look online and you see other dealerships with them ‘on the floor’! This is ridiculous!

Rant:

I am reading about all of these newly bought TriGlides and I am still waiting! I talk to my dealer and said they will get a notice of it being shipped. Not a word! They look it up in their system and it shows my trike as being built with my name on it, but no other info. You look online and you see other dealerships with them ‘on the floor’! This is ridiculous!

Went through the same with my 20. Dealer finally called the factory & said LOOK. I have this bike SOLD , (for over 6weeks) we need to have one. Got it the next week.

Best of luck.:Shrug:

Rant:

The 3 Harley dealers that I’ve been in lately only had used Tri-Glides on the showroom floor.. just because online it say’s we have one doesn’t make it so when you walk in the door…IE: You should have been here last week we had two of them..��..Sold them both….Would you like get on the list for the next one coming in ��..

Last edited:
When we went to get mine the dealer did not have any on the floor at either of their locations.

The sales manager checked and there was one ready to ship from the factory to their location.

While we were doing the paperwork another couple came in asking for the same bike I was in the process of purchasing, right down to the same color.

It came in two weeks later.

I was just going to post, that at least it's in the winter time and snow is on the ground(12* cold here) but then I noticed you were from Texas..[warm]. (you're lucky) so I'll now totally feel your pain waiting... It would be like me waiting all summer for my bike to arrive.....:ranting::ranting:

Update: Nothing, nada, nil, and no! ‘Still in transit’ is all the rep will say! Said it needed a part, they got one, installed it, and it is ‘in transit now’! We have been told the same story by the rep at three different times! I called Harley directly and filed a report on it. They took all the info and said they would look into it. The lady calls me back and said they had the wrong dealer on the paperwork. How can that be when the trike was ordered by the dealer in October? My opinion? Somebody needs to be removed from their position and placed in the janitorial department and learn how to clean up messes instead of ignoring them. If I hadn’t given my word to my local dealer, I would have walked away from getting a trike. I still have my Street Glide.

Off my soapbox.

:mad: Bummer!!

Can you find the same model trike actually on a dealer’s showroom floor? If so..maybe get your dealer to drop the original and secure the actual trike… then YOU go get it?

I wouldn't trust a shipping service now… On another forum I saw a guy go through a disaster trying to get a used vehicle shipped to him from a private owner. They picked it up in a couple of days of having been called. They were giving all kinds of excuses as to its whereabouts and lack of delivery… the buyer finally got it after 3 months … delivery was promised in 2 weeks by the shipping company…

When i put my name on a Honda Side by Side it took over 9 months for one to come in...

I still had my Rhino so i wasn't in any a hurry...When it finely came in (Two weeks ago] it was a 2022 instead of a 2021....But the dealer did kept the 2021 price ...

Ordering vechiles now days is a Crapshoot..:(...

:mad: Bummer!!

Can you find the same model trike actually on a dealer’s showroom floor? If so..maybe get your dealer to drop the original and secure the actual trike… then YOU go get it?

I wouldn't trust a shipping service now… On another forum I saw a guy go through a disaster trying to get a used vehicle shipped to him from a private owner. They picked it up in a couple of days of having been called. They were giving all kinds of excuses as to its whereabouts and lack of delivery… the buyer finally got it after 3 months … delivery was promised in 2 weeks by the shipping company…

Paws,

I would go for the same trike from another dealer dropped to me, but Harley wants to find out what the problem is and if the trike was missing a part, then how did an identical completed trike wind up on another dealer’s floor plan and was not listed as sold. My dealer keeps going in Harley’s data base and looking for it. It is listed, has my name on it, shows the down payment, but it is not in his inventory. Being my dealer’s name was not correct on the paperwork the lady had, I am betting they shipped it to another dealer and they may have sold it, not knowing. I hope that I get the truth about it on what really happened to it.

When i put my name on a Honda Side by Side it took over 9 months for one to come in...

I still had my Rhino so i wasn't in any a hurry...When it finely came in (Two weeks ago] it was a 2022 instead of a 2021....But the dealer did kept the 2021 price ...

Ordering vechiles now days is a Crapshoot..:(...

Rhino 2,

This trike had an assigned shipping date of January 27, 2022.

I really don’t to wait until the 2023 models come out! LOL

Paws,

I would go for the same trike from another dealer dropped to me, but Harley wants to find out what the problem is and if the trike was missing a part, then how did an identical completed trike wind up on another dealer’s floor plan and was not listed as sold. My dealer keeps going in Harley’s data base and looking for it. It is listed, has my name on it, shows the down payment, but it is not in his inventory. Being my dealer’s name was not correct on the paperwork the lady had, I am betting they shipped it to another dealer and they may have sold it, not knowing. I hope that I get the truth about it on what really happened to it.

Just wondering… could Harley not trace the VIN number from the original paperwork initiated by your dealer.. then trace that VIN number to wherever it went? The VIN number would have to show up in whatever dealer it went to.. yes, there are LOTS of dealers… it might take someone at Harley longer to do this than shrugging their shoulders over it. GOT to be a real papertrail like that…. Dang! I would start finding a bike on my own then shove it down their throat to make it happen. Keep us informed.. always hate to see a fellow rider go through garbage like this.

Update: Nothing, nada, nil, and no! ‘Still in transit’ is all the rep will say! Said it needed a part, they got one, installed it, and it is ‘in transit now’! We have been told the same story by the rep at three different times! I called Harley directly and filed a report on it. They took all the info and said they would look into it. The lady calls me back and said they had the wrong dealer on the paperwork. How can that be when the trike was ordered by the dealer in October? My opinion? Somebody needs to be removed from their position and placed in the janitorial department and learn how to clean up messes instead of ignoring them. If I hadn’t given my word to my local dealer, I would have walked away from getting a trike. I still have my Street Glide.

Off my soapbox.

So is your dealer going to comp you for any of this?

Seems to me the dealer could force the MOCO to step in and close this deal, even if your dealer needs to broker a deal with another dealer to get you what you ordered

My dealer in 97 got me my 97 FLHT by bumping another guy on the list, he did not mind getting bumped because the dealer stepped up and gave him an in store credit

So is your dealer going to comp you for any of this?

Seems to me the dealer could force the MOCO to step in and close this deal, even if your dealer needs to broker a deal with another dealer to get you what you ordered

My dealer in 97 got me my 97 FLHT by bumping another guy on the list, he did not mind getting bumped because the dealer stepped up and gave him an in store credit

That was 1997 This is 2022… The dealers don’t have any new Trikes to trade with another dealer…. Harley Davison is limiting the supply The dealers are in the same boat as the customers They don’t know when they getting anything the factory promises but the dealer never knows when it will come in ..

That was 1997 This is 2022… The dealers don’t have any new Trikes to trade with another dealer…. Harley Davison is limiting the supply The dealers are in the same boat as the customers They don’t know when they getting anything the factory promises but the dealer never knows when it will come in ..

Here in Jacksonville, The Adamec family owns 4 dealerships and they trade with several other dealers.

Daytona HD does the same thing

You can’t trade something you don’t have..🤔..

It is all about the inventory and what is selling and what is not

Dealers trade stock on a regular basis on what is in stock, with a phone call a salesman can broker a deal

I know this because I watched my salesman do it, he has even brokered out of state trades

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png