What the heck?

I know what you're going through, I ordered an adult tricycle back in April 2021 and the bike shop had an issue with the factory and the delivery date pushed ahead another month. The last call I made was asking what ship it was on and was told the shipment wasn't even in a container yet. I suggested a similar model from another manufacturer and in January 2022 I got a similar one from a company out of Florida that makes them. Sometimes you have to rattle the cage and everything will turn out okay. My problem is the builder they're in no hurry and neither am I (we're one and the same).

You'll get your trike and someone's @$$ needs to be chewed out for the screw up :mad:.

That was 1997 This is 2022… The dealers don’t have any new Trikes to trade with another dealer…. Harley Davison is limiting the supply The dealers are in the same boat as the customers They don’t know when they getting anything the factory promises but the dealer never knows when it will come in ..

We went online and there are six trikes sitting in dealerships within 500 miles of me. My dealership put in a call this morning wanting answers. He is irate over this. He is tired of the run around, too.

It would be nice to find out who dropped the ball on this! It seems to be a problem that definitely needs to be corrected.

Today, I got a call back from the “Harley Davidson rep”, if you can call him that! What did I find out? That he can read a scripted excuse! He has still not found an answer to where the trike is. I asked who with Harley can I talk to and get answers. His reply was that he was the top of the customer service. No names and no numbers to ask for help. I asked him about the four in Oklahoma, the one in Albuquerque, and the one in Garland. He said they were allocated. I told him that mine was allocated also and sold to me the first day and those others were not sold! No answer….! I asked him if they drop shipped mine to another dealer. He said that it would not have being it had my dealer on it. I told him my order did not have my dealer on it according to one of their employees! He said again for the fourth time, “It is in transit.”. I asked him if he would define: “In transit.”. He said he couldn’t! I heard nothing from him that I have not heard the last two months!

If Harley wants to make money, get rid of this worthless employee. He can not find out nothing, can not give answers, can not give out help on who to talk to and find out what or who is the hold up!

I am going to start trying to find somebody’s number to call and see if they have rank enough to investigate and give me answers.

That is the latest …. Nothing! 🤬

"In transit"? Im a retired trucker and high value loads are always tracked. The trucks location is tracked right on dispatches computer screen. So there is not only a lost trike but a missing truck and trailer? Gee somebody should call the police.

Nowadays in transit means similar to the check is in the mail we don’t know where it is and we don’t have the time to figure out why it’s still in transit!’ Call us back in a week or two..🤔..

Today, I got a call back from the “Harley Davidson rep”, if you can call him that! What did I find out? That he can read a scripted excuse! He has still not found an answer to where the trike is. I asked who with Harley can I talk to and get answers. His reply was that he was the top of the customer service. No names and no numbers to ask for help. I asked him about the four in Oklahoma, the one in Albuquerque, and the one in Garland. He said they were allocated. I told him that mine was allocated also and sold to me the first day and those others were not sold! No answer….! I asked him if they drop shipped mine to another dealer. He said that it would not have being it had my dealer on it. I told him my order did not have my dealer on it according to one of their employees! He said again for the fourth time, “It is in transit.”. I asked him if he would define: “In transit.”. He said he couldn’t! I heard nothing from him that I have not heard the last two months!

If Harley wants to make money, get rid of this worthless employee. He can not find out nothing, can not give answers, can not give out help on who to talk to and find out what or who is the hold up!

I am going to start trying to find somebody’s number to call and see if they have rank enough to investigate and give me answers.

That is the latest …. Nothing! 🤬

So Jim, do you have a binding purchase agreement with money down on this VIN?

If you do that should be a binding contract between you and your dealer IMO

I would force him to pony up your trike, Best of luck to you;)

If you have $$ down on this trike, tell them they need to talk to your lawyer. Or, tell them to refund the $$ & call whichever Dealer is close & buy the one on the floor,your dealer seems to be of no use & is worthless. Tell the rest of us who the dealer is,so we don't have the misfortune of dealing with him,please.

While frustrated Sir, please make sure you look before you leap.

Oftentimes dealers say they have a unit - only to discover they have to get it from a sister dealership. Then, if you want it, well, maybe the price goes way up.

If you have time, visit one of those other dealerships. See if they have what you want - and, how much it will cost. If that works out, well then you can buy a new trike. Since the first dealer can't deliver, then, ask for a refund. Doubtful an attorney is needed.

Good luck to you

Apples to oranges maybe? when the Can Am Spyder first came out they were in limited supply I called three dealers and they said they had one but when I got to the dealer it was sold just before I got there…Right now Tri-Glides are in short supply so unless you see it for yourself don’t believe what they tell you over the phone or on their website….

First, let me say that my dealership has been with me from the start. They are as disappointed as I am in all of this mess. Evidently, there were enough calls made that someone woke up and found out what was going on. I do not know the answer, but they must have decided to send one just off the assembly line. A rep called my dealer and said it was being “shipped”! At least it is not “in transit”! My dealer said that when it leaves, it will show up on their inventory, before being delivered to them. I have not talked/been to the dealer today to check the status of it.

Everyone is glad to hear the good news from someone higher up the Harley ladder of command.

Now, to let it get it here, take pictures coming off the truck, and watch it being assembled!

More, when I get the info.

Jim

First, let me say that my dealership has been with me from the start. They are as disappointed as I am in all of this mess. Evidently, there were enough calls made that someone woke up and found out what was going on. I do not know the answer, but they must have decided to send one just off the assembly line. A rep called my dealer and said it was being “shipped”! At least it is not “in transit”! My dealer said that when it leaves, it will show up on their inventory, before being delivered to them. I have not talked/been to the dealer today to check the status of it.

Everyone is glad to hear the good news from someone higher up the Harley ladder of command.

Now, to let it get it here, take pictures coming off the truck, and watch it being assembled!

Jim

Great news !!!!:clapping:

Jim

Now that's great news, sometimes you got to light a fire under someone's @$$ :ahhh: to get things moving along. :clapping:

Good luck Jim, hold their feet to the fire, sounds like your dealer is going to make this right

If you dont mind, when you take possession of your trike, name your dealer, owner and anyone else that came thru for you:clapping:

Good luck Jim, hold their feet to the fire, sounds like your dealer is going to make this right

If you dont mind, when you take possession of your trike, name your dealer, owner and anyone else that came thru for you:clapping:

Kent’s Harley Davidson in Abilene, Texas is where I have been getting my Harleys. I have them do all of my service work, so there is a record of the work in their files. All of my options have been bought through them, except items like my Go-Pro camera mount, my Ric-Rac tray for the saddle bag, and my Custom Dynamic led turn signal lights.

My dealer told me that they have a wish list every month. At the time, they had 6 new Tri-Glide's in stock. So, they didn't order any for this month. They actually sold all 6 trikes in 3 days. Mine was one of them. Needless to say, they have to wait a while for their next order cycle to get any more Trikes. Just saying.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lavinia
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png