Honda working on Motorcycle Seatbelts

There was one time I could have used one. We did not have a backrest, and were traveling down the interstate. I put my elbows on my husband's shoulders and fell asleep. He had to reach behind as I started to slide a little sideways. Scared us both, and after that he would never let me put my elbows on his shoulders again. Then he always knew when I fell asleep when my helmet hit his. That is one of the reasons I love my trike, I never fall asleep when riding on my own.

How about a rocket powered ejection seat with a parachute, now that sounds exciting to me. Maybe a little message could popup on the LCD that says "HANG ON".

A few years ago we used to have a trker who had seat belt in the back. when his wife was on the back she strapped herself in. Still didn't stop her nagging him to death though LOL. Anyway..she said she felt safer with the belt, by the way it was fitted to a GW Lehman conversion 2003.:D

Let's be serious for a while. Why do you ride a motorcycle? I ride for the freedom. So, If I ride for the freedom than I must ride free. My motorcycles were a gift of God. To some this may sound funny but my trust is in Jesus. If he gave me my motorcycles than it is up to him to do the caring. I do not say this litely. My life is in his hands. I put my total trust in him. I tell people I ride different today than I did in the '60s. When I ride Jesus rides with me. He is my seat belt, my air bag my everything. If you don't know Jesus than I suggest you get a seatbelt.:pepper:

I certainly do not make light of your belief system , however i wonder of God may have given Honda engineers the knowledge to make these motorcycle seat belts in order to take some of the load off him.
Seems like there are getting to be a lot more bikes/trikes on the roads nowadays-----maybe he is being overworked trying to look after all of us ? lol
Be safe.

If you give some governments enough information on how to wrap us up in cotton wool then they will soon have some legislation inforced to gain a few bucks and then it's "clunk click every trip" what a joke!!!!
Take care and be safe..

That was your "witty" reply "...Harleys rule!"

I think that Honda should be applauded for thinking of something to ensure their airbag application works better.

Dennis

72 dtg Dubai
73 dtg Home for good!

Dennis, that is still the cutest picture of a kitten that I've ever seen! Glad you're home safely; hope you'll be at the next Rally - bring the kittycat, too! (I'll even cat-sit for ya!)

One possible downside to this idea is that some riders might become complacent and careless. One might think "Hey! I've got a seat belt, an airbag, an ejector seat, I'm much safer and can afford to pay less attention while yakking on my cell phone while riding"...........

I prefer riding free, knees in the breeze, wind in my hair and knowing that my safety depends on my being 110% ALERT and AWARE while riding.

Ain't no way you're going to strap me to a cycle.

But then...I can remember when they passed the first seatbelt law; my Dad said "no way they're gonna strap me in that seat. If this thing starts going over a cliff, I wouldn't be able to jump out."

That was about the same time he told the dealer he wasn't going to buy another Chevy until the put the dimmer switch back down on the floor "where God intended it to be."

I sure miss his "wisdom".

What's next????

images

Harley rules, what??!! I have heard that in the past 90% of all Harleys built were still on the road-----the rest of them made it back home.
Don't know which is worse.
When you are talking about safty, I do know Goldwing riders' in general support safety 100%!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png