Cost Of Gas

Here in the welfare state Abaduly is charging $4.14 - $4.45 for reg gasolina. To drop .18 cents in July from removing the fuel tax . And ya know it will get made up some how else . Government Head Games :gah:

Here in the welfare state Abaduly is charging $4.14 - $4.45 for reg gasolina. To drop .18 cents in July from removing the fuel tax . And ya know it will get made up some how else . Government Head Games :gah:

Start charging the Road used tax.(AKA Gasoline Tax) To Electric vehicles..😉

I just paid 5.20 for Exon 93..And being the only gas station in town I paid for the convenience…When I moved here in 1970 there was four gas stations and one traffic light now we have two traffic lights but one gas station..

$3.60 just across the border in Maryland today... Gov. Adolf Wolfe here in PA is not cutting us any slack.

Curious by the framing, I could find no association with Nazism and Pennsylvanian Governor Tom Wolfe, nor a policy position connecting the Governor to national/world gas price trends. Pennsylvania has the highest State imposed gas tax at 57.6 cents per gallon- imposed by the State legislature, not the Governor's office. See the map below for what party controls that legislature - you may be surprised.

I wondered if I could find a correlation between fuel prices and demographics- either state population or party State House control. A few resources I tapped:

Tripple A's convenient one-stop for checking the daily average gas price by State and Nationally, all on one page:

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

Prices remain highest West of the Rockies, with a national average of $4.116.

Here's AAA's gas price map for 4/10/2022- dark blue = lowest, dark red = highest, white = middle of the road:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 09-58-03 AAA Gas Prices.png

Here's a map illustration State House control by party:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 10-16-52 State Legislature Interactive Map State House - 270toWin.png

A map showing population distribution:

population map.png

...and a map showing gas taxes:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 11-23-56 How Gasoline Prices Gas Station Service and Productivity Could.png

Looking at these metrics, I can't see any clear indication of a price connection to political control or population density. I thought I would see higher prices connected to use taxes in areas with large populations and heavy road use - but there are plenty of states that defy that intuition. Likewise, there is no obvious connection between party control and prices; it seems that mechanics other than politics are dictating fuel prices.

Unsatisfied, I reviewed the cost map again; their seems clearly to be a geographic element connecting the lower priced zoned centered on the middle of the country. The price wall aligned with the Rockies pointed to transportation costs- which led me to look at where gas is refined and refining capacity. Here's an illustration:

Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 11-01-33 Interactive Map Crude Oil Pipelines and Refineries of the U.S..png

Adding this last to all these considerations, the a primary correlation with price seems to be transportation and refining capacity, and post refinement transportation. Within this zone of lower cost, Illinois stands out as stark anomaly. What it ain't is simple, defying my desire for a unifying answer applicable to every local. I reckon really understanding why-this-price-hear is a confluence of all these elements- population, geography, local goals and policy, politics, funding mechanisms, proximity to production -and more.

Curious by the framing, I could find no association with Nazism and Pennsylvanian Governor Tom Wolfe, nor a policy position connecting the Governor to national/world gas price trends. Pennsylvania has the highest State imposed gas tax at 57.6 cents per gallon- imposed by the State legislature, not the Governor's office. See the map below for what party controls that legislature - you may be surprised.

I wondered if I could find a correlation between fuel prices and demographics- either state population or party State House control. A few resources I tapped:

Tripple A's convenient one-stop for checking the daily average gas price by State and Nationally, all on one page:

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

Prices remain highest West of the Rockies, with a national average of $4.116.

Here's AAA's gas price map for 4/10/2022- dark blue = lowest, dark red = highest, white = middle of the road:

View attachment 107317

Here's a map illustration State House control by party:

View attachment 107319

A map showing population distribution:

View attachment 107320

...and a map showing gas taxes:

View attachment 107322

Looking at these metrics, I can't see any clear indication of a price connection to political control or population density. I thought I would see higher prices connected to use taxes in areas with large populations and heavy road use - but there are plenty of states that defy that intuition. Likewise, there is no obvious connection between party control and prices; it seems that mechanics other than politics are dictating fuel prices.

Unsatisfied, I reviewed the cost map again; their seems clearly to be a geographic element connecting the lower priced zoned centered on the middle of the country. The price wall aligned with the Rockies pointed to transportation costs- which led me to look at where gas is refined and refining capacity. Here's an illustration:

View attachment 107321

Adding this last to all these considerations, the a primary correlation with price seems to be transportation and refining capacity, and post refinement transportation. Within this zone of lower cost, Illinois stands out as stark anomaly. What it ain't is simple, defying my desire for a unifying answer applicable to every local. I reckon really understanding why-this-price-hear is a confluence of all these elements- population, geography, local goals and policy, politics, funding mechanisms, proximity to production -and more.

Short and sweet..There’s no rime or reason…within ten mile of me regular sells for 385.9 to 439.9…If no one would buy it the prices would drop..

My old wrangler gets 16 to 17 and that is a completely gutless 4 cyl.:Shrug:

My Hemi Ram 4Wd when not towing gets 19/20…Going up to camp…16 Around town..And it has 4 hundred hp.. But in the winter when I use the remote start to defrost the windows the mileage goes out the door..The wife’s Hoopie 2002 Suzuki V6 4 wheel drive gets 20 intown and highway it rarely varies …

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png